Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dmytro
Ukraine
Kiev
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey all!

This thread is dedicated to speculations about the stuff going to be introduced in the course of Kingdom Death: Monster 1.5 campaign.

So far, I've speculated in KS Comments section about several things and they had been introduced afterwards. =)
Those became tru were - hardbound rulebook, upgraded box insert, minis included into the Gambler's Chest, all the old expacs going to be available as addons. Last one is technically not fully true, but at this pace each and every old expac is going to be available by the end of campaign.

So, guys, let's try to guess what will bring us 1.5 Changelog, Gambler's Chest rolls and new expacs!

Will there be an expansion that brings on new campaign? And which one would it be?

As we all remember:
1.First Hero brings a new system of starting at LY12-20 to face late LYs content.
2.Nightmare Ram introduces dungeon crawling.
3.Screaming God has two new Quarries and extends campaign by 5 LYs.
4.Gold Smoke Knight also extends campaign by 5 LYs.

However, I'm talking specifically a new campaign like Dragon King and Sunstalker.

We all have tiny bits of info about so called People of the Fox campaign that is probably to be added as an expansion. And is focused on settlement living under the rule of mighty Fox entity and trying to survive in tunnels.
However, this is still only rumours and haven't been confirmed as an expansion.

So, what do you think going to be the theme and monster of the new expansion that has a new campaign in it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Welnicki
Poland
Gdansk
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
From what was said, Ringtail Fox and Storm Knight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dmytro
Ukraine
Kiev
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Why? What will be the theme of Storm Knight? =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Dhondt
Belgium
Anzegem
flag msg tools
My armor is contempt. My shield is disgust. My sword is hatred. In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
badge
Song of my soul, my voice is dead; Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed. Shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa.
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this something like this thread, 4 spaces down? Forecasting expansions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dmytro
Ukraine
Kiev
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
it does have some thoughts about possible expacs. but that one does not have any speculations on what will be the changes in the core game box and what is going to be revealed in the Gambler's Chest.

So, no, this thread is a bit more than the other =)

what if I'd tell you one of the next big reveals I expect in the changelog 1.5 is going to be a Hunt \ Settlement Board upgraded to more sturdier cardboard? =)

Why? 'Cause the original is pretty thin. Also we've already seen improvements to the rolebook and also the core game box insert also being "reenforced".
That brings upgraded Hunt \ Settlement Board guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope the Gambler box unlocks at least a monster or two. If it's just the advanced rules and survivor miniatures I'll be disappointed. I need at least 2 quarry monsters or a campaign boss like the Dragon expansion to be fully satisfied.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dmytro
Ukraine
Kiev
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My speculation is:
it's unlikely there is going to be a Monster revealed in the Gambler's chest.
Why?
1.all previous Monsters introduced in previous KS we're marketed and sold as individual expacs.
2.Gambler's Chest is a KS specific package and there is no rumour it's going to be offered in their Shop after KS ends.
3.Only KS specific stuff is Promos and Pinups. No Monsters.

So, my bet there won't be a new Monster in Gambler's Chest.
Thus, adding $35-75 more for 1-2 more monster expacs is smth you should really consider. But still, you are really fine with core game.

PS: if Poots will put a Monster into the Chest, that's going to be huge!=)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Highlord Tamburlaine
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was mentioned in the comments that the Gambler's chest *was* actually planned to be a retail SKU at some future point on the website.

Adam didn't mention a price, but said as long as he doesn't lose too much on it, it'll be there.

I could see a smaller sized quarry ending up in there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmb
ventzlav wrote:
Nightmare Ram introduces dungeon crawling

If people keep saying this, there are likely to be some disappointed Nightmare Ram owners in a couple years.

What we know is that there is more complex, dungeon-ish terrain. And there are some other critters to deal with during the showdown. That is a far cry from concluding that KDM will now have "dungeon crawling."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.