4 Posts

Grimslingers» Forums » Rules

Subject: Running out of EP? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bor Pinteric
Slovenia
flag msg tools
Tried the game out yesterday and apart from some minor confusing situations it played out really nicely.
There was one thing that we ran into though - what happens if a player has no cards in their hand (all discarded/deactivated) and is completely out of EP? Do they just pass a turn? Can they get 2 EP back since they didn't play a card and have "passed"?

Thanks for anyone that can help clarify this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, if you pass you gain 2 EP.

Glad you enjoyed it! Don't hesitate to post more questions. I wanna make sure you have a good time
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bor Pinteric
Slovenia
flag msg tools
Well, that was a speedy response, lol.

To be honest, I'm already pretty sure we'll have loads of fun playing this.
The first game we just used the signature spells besides the "raw core" and even with only these, there were some really cool moments; for example, one of us played Immolate (roll and deal DMG to all players), while I played Barrier (block 3 DMG) and the 3rd player used Exalt (immune to DMG), so the first player nearly commited suicide.

First impression is, this is a really well thought-out game with just some minor clarity issues that aren't a problem after all, when the author himself is an active BGG member.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Perpetuum Mobile wrote:
Well, that was a speedy response, lol.

To be honest, I'm already pretty sure we'll have loads of fun playing this.
The first game we just used the signature spells besides the "raw core" and even with only these, there were some really cool moments; for example, one of us played Immolate (roll and deal DMG to all players), while I played Barrier (block 3 DMG) and the 3rd player used Exalt (immune to DMG), so the first player nearly commited suicide.

First impression is, this is a really well thought-out game with just some minor clarity issues that aren't a problem after all, when the author himself is an active BGG member.

Ah, I love when the signatures come together like that and create interesting moments

And thank you for the compliments! There are clarity issues, I'm not gonna deny that. Simultaneous action games can be difficult to right rules for every possible situation, some of which are so rare.

Anywho, I am quite speedy on the responses!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.