10 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Pledging rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark A
msg tools
Hi,

This is only my second KS, and this one is way different than the other I participated in. I'm a little confused, and I was wondering if I could get some clarification. Thanks in advance!

I pledged for the Ancient Gold Lantern ($750), and my pledge is highlighted on the campaign page; however, my pledge amount is also shown in the "Make a pledge without a reward" category. I also added funds for a couple of expansions.

I just want to make sure my funds are going to my Ancient Gold Lantern pledge level. Again, thanks to anyone that responds.

Pics for clarification:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex J
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Hey Mant72,

Mine looks the same exact way so I think you are good to go. I have backed a few kickstarters in the last year or two and it always looked similar to this but I think the Kickstarter website has had a few changes in formatting recently and, honestly, I think it makes it a little confusing. I was thinking the same exact thing as you. One of the odd, but awesome, parts of this Kickstarter is the using "add on" money to buy stuff. Most of the kickstarters that I have backed are usually one pledge for a certain tier and then there is nothing I need to add money for. Regardless, you are good to go I believe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dmytro
Ukraine
Kiev
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
all seems fine.
be sure to add funds only for new expacs, 'cause you get all the old one's already with your pledge (e.g LK, DK, DBK - those are already included into your pledge).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark A
msg tools
Cool! Thanks, guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvador Bernadó
Spain
Gavà
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Make a pledge without a reward is a level that appears in all campaigns and shows the amount you are pledging right now.
That level doesn't work for you unless you select it. In fact, you will find that level with a fixed amount of 10 even in projects you are not pledging anything.
You commented that you have added money for a couple of expansions. I suppose you know that you can add this money later in the pledge manager, right?
So when the campaign finishes on January the 8th, you pay only the amount of your level and then later you can pay the rest of the things you want plus shipping.
KD:M is very expensive and if you're a bit tight with the money, this will help you pay for it in a more relaxed way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex J
United States
New York
flag msg tools
@Bernado

Adding money in the pledge manager has not been confirmed yet so be careful what you say here. It sounded like Poots thinks we will get at least one chance to add money in the pledge manager after the Kickstarter campaign closes but it definitely has not been confirmed yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvador Bernadó
Spain
Gavà
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm, sorry I haven't seen that information.
But since it was possible in the first KS I thought it will happen again, After all, we have to add shipping (and probably, more than once) so I think it will be possible to add more content in the pledge manager.
For the people who are getting the core game now it would be a great option. But since this will be a very long campaign in delivery times, I suppose Adam doesn't want people adding more content 'forever'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom R
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey i just had a similar question, and didn't want to start my own thread. Is it possible to back multiple different rewards?

For example I'm currently backing the BF Gamblers Lantern, however i can see a lot of value in also picking up the Ancient Gold Lantern, and re-selling the additional base game and gamblers box. This get's me 'everything' (minus the original pin-ups, which i have no interest in) for $1,327 (927 + 750 - 250 - 100) assuming the base game and gamblers box will re-sell for at least their kickstarter price. It seems much more economical to get all the gaming content than the Satan pledges.

Do i just increase my current pledge of 927 by 750, then in the pledge manager select an additional category? Can anyone see any flaws with the above?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrien Boyeldieu
United Kingdom
Glasgow
-
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tombot wrote:
Hey i just had a similar question, and didn't want to start my own thread. Is it possible to back multiple different rewards?

For example I'm currently backing the BF Gamblers Lantern, however i can see a lot of value in also picking up the Ancient Gold Lantern, and re-selling the additional base game and gamblers box. This get's me 'everything' (minus the original pin-ups, which i have no interest in) for $1,327 (927 + 750 - 250 - 100) assuming the base game and gamblers box will re-sell for at least their kickstarter price. It seems much more economical to get all the gaming content than the Satan pledges.

Do i just increase my current pledge of 927 by 750, then in the pledge manager select an additional category? Can anyone see any flaws with the above?

I think it's highly unlikely that you will be able to add full pledge levels in the pledge manager afterwards. I've never seen it done before, and I don't expect to see it here, not when all the various parts of the pledge can be acquired "a la carte".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.