Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Magnus Gunnlaugsson
Iceland
Reykjavik
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently received my MH:EE and managed to my first solo game.

I read through the manual at least once before playing and kept it by my side whilst playing.

There was one rule that annoyed the hell out of me which is the rule of how you use your own structures, that you must place a worker on a goverment action space to use your own government structure, same goes for commerce and industry. It was a rule I kept forgetting about over and over again.

Once I've bought the building I think I should be able to use it with out any restrictions!

I would also like to make another rules suggestion which is that that you should get one oil barrel per oil rig on your mat! Having to buy oil barrels to get temporary petroleum dice sort of defeats the purpose of oil rigs to me.

If I've missed out on rules for these two examples please let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Kaldarion wrote:

There was one rule that annoyed the hell out of me which is the rule of how you use your own structures, that you must place a worker on a goverment action space to use your own government structure, same goes for commerce and industry. It was a rule I kept forgetting about over and over again.

Once I've bought the building I think I should be able to use it with out any restrictions!

That would make the game way to easy wouldn't it? Keep your cards organized in ordered groups and it shouldn't be to confusing once you get experienced with the game.

Kaldarion wrote:

I would also like to make another rules suggestion which is that that you should get one oil barrel per oil rig on your mat! Having to buy oil barrels to get temporary petroleum dice sort of defeats the purpose of oil rigs to me.

You do get oil barrels when you initially place the oil rig, so there's that.

Now if you are a talking allowing oil rigs to generate 1 barrel of oil during a turn in which you are generating, or something like that ...

That's an interesting alternative idea, but you should definitely have to add pollution to your board for every barrel of oil you take in this way!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Laurie
United States
Santa Maria
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaldarion -

Thank you for trying The Manhattan Project: Energy Empire And Thank you for your suggestions. You're welcome to play the game however you wish, and if you find any change improves your experience, by all means go for it!

The distinction between the three different types of structures, and the manner in which they correspond to the different regions of the board is intentional - and integral to the types of diverse approached players can take to the game. It makes your initial placement on the main board that much more important when you consider what you'll be able to use that turn in your tableau. It's one of the unique features of this game. Without that restriction, players' turns would become far more similar and less strategic, though likely more productive.

The mechanics for the oil wells were simplified throughout development. In the end we found that we liked the way it is now - where you get a big boost of oil, but then fairly soon, you need to go and find another oil source. I understand that thematically you might want the oil wells to produce oil throughout the game. Instead, we went with the thematic concept that no oil source is permanent, and we chose a mechanic that was very easy for players to implement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm usually all for making buildings easier to use - but for some reason I actually like the regulations on using buildings based on where you place your worker on the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Gunnlaugsson
Iceland
Reykjavik
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replys.

I do admit that I did screw up the rule about the worker on the main board to use your own buildings far to often so that scewes my opionion of the rule aswell. But then again, first time playing and only solo so once I get to play it with more players I've now made sure that I will make sure that everyone pays close attention to the rule.

I think from a designers point of view I understand the simplicity about the oilbarrels & oil rig so possibly this could go into some sort of a variant that I would sometime try out once I've played the game enough times succesfully.

Maybe Luke Laurie will add into an official variant or the FAQ/Errata sheet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shlomi ben-naim
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
How about a rule where you can use a building owned by another player.
to do so you must pay him $3/$4 or give him 2 resources of their choice.
to take this action you must take this action BEFORE the owner activates his building and owner must agree to the deal, once done the owner cannot use that building that round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Laurie
United States
Santa Maria
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You'll be pleased to hear that we are experimenting with different approaches to "Espionage" like in the original MP
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Davis
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually that is a clever and thematic idea to have oil derricks continue to produce. There could be a new area or structure that allows all derricks/rigs to produce one oil if you take a corresponding pollution token (Probably max of 1 pollution for forest and 1 for ocean.) I'm a sucker for thematic options! Good suggestion. It also bothered me that the derricks/rigs didn't serve a purpose after initial use (except an achievement).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.