Subject: Build with the drafted card or not rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
greg blanc
msg tools
Hello,

We’re french players and we disagree about cards with that kind of text :
"First Lord of the Admiralty Prepares for war"
At no cost, draft a UK buld navy card (1); then play a UK statut card (2); then build a UK navy (3).

Our question is : must we build the navy (3) with the drafted card (1) or could we keep "build navy" in hand and build navy ?

My friends wants the second choice (keep card and build) because of cards like "france mobilizes" (draft french build army, recruit french army, build french navy).

I disagree. Who's right please ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think he's right. It doesn't say anything about playing the card you drafted. What would be the point of drafting the card if you immediately have to play it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witch Lord
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
I think he's right. It doesn't say anything about playing the card you drafted. What would be the point of drafting the card if you immediately have to play it?

I completely agree with David. The drafted card goes to your hand. You can prepare it, or keep it in your hand for later.

The build is an intrinsic effect of the event card. There are plenty of other event cards that instruct you to build, even without drafting first at all (The 17th plan for example).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
greg blanc
msg tools
Ok You convinced me !
I've got the three quartermaster and we passed always good time with it !
Thanks for your quickly response !!! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.