Tom Yerton
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
any ideas suggestions on how the tiles from descent 2.0 could be used instead of these?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uwe Heilmann
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi from Germany,

for me the CR-WoA-LoD-TEE game system is the first choice when it comes to dungeon crawling.

I adopted the Descent and Descent II systems, adventurers, and adventures for that system. This allows me to play all Descent, Descent II adventures without any dungeon master. And each adventure will create a new dungeon.

Cheers
U.L.H.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank S
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tuner 13 wrote:
Hi from Germany,

for me the CR-WoA-LoD-TEE game system is the first choice when it comes to dungeon crawling.

I adopted the Descent and Descent II systems, adventurers, and adventures for that system. This allows me to play all Descent, Descent II adventures without any dungeon master. And each adventure will create a new dungeon.

Cheers
U.L.H.

cool

I would like to know more on how you did that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uwe Heilmann
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My "Dungeon Crawling" system is currently slumbering on its shelf as I tackle with some "zombie" games.

The key to my system are cards.
A lot of them.
For example, I use one card for each CR-WoA-LoD-TEE tile as well as each Descent, Descent II tile.
This allows to randomize the dungeon generation, but it also allows to limit the available tiles for each adventure.

Adding some adventure specific parameter settings ... and off you go.

Cheers
U.L.H.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I experimented...
I even created a deck of cards for each descent tile so i could randomly draw cards.. (core set only might be in files section or my images not sure what i did t with it..)

ideally you want to a system only uses the larger tiles..
as descent tiles are "smaller more choke point e.g long corrdier sections it wasy for the a random map to loop back on its self.. cratign overlaps..

or a system which can alternate corrders and rooms randomly might help that a little.

its do able its different.. it looks nicer.

some tiles wont line up a few options here...consider its dead ends
or consider it as "teleports" or stairs up stairs down kinda thing

other issues some tiles are longer a hero moveing 6 wount cut it. but a a monster moveing by tiles no sqrs will allways be a threat consider giving monsters movement points.. normal 5 maybe 10 for a fast monster.. like a wolf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Yerton
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Milarky wrote:
I experimented...
I even created a deck of cards for each descent tile so i could randomly draw cards.. (core set only might be in files section or my images not sure what i did t with it..)

ideally you want to a system only uses the larger tiles..
as descent tiles are "smaller more choke point e.g long corrdier sections it wasy for the a random map to loop back on its self.. cratign overlaps..

or a system which can alternate corrders and rooms randomly might help that a little.

its do able its different.. it looks nicer.

some tiles wont line up a few options here...consider its dead ends
or consider it as "teleports" or stairs up stairs down kinda thing

other issues some tiles are longer a hero moveing 6 wount cut it. but a a monster moveing by tiles no sqrs will allways be a threat consider giving monsters movement points.. normal 5 maybe 10 for a fast monster.. like a wolf

so monsters on a descent tile should move 5 spaces instead of 4x4 to the next 4x4?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.