Subject: A Journey to Rhosgobel Scoring rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pádraic MacOireachtaigh
Malawi
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
We've just (I think) successfully completed A Journey to Rhosgobel on Standard Mode after a miserable failure yesterday. We managed to do it without any Athelas - instead we used Lore of Imladris to heal Wilyador of five wounds, and Glorfindel's ability to heal the sixth, just as we quested our way onto the third quest card. Is this a legal strategy?

Glorfindel had to be removed from the game as stipulated by the Forced effect of the second quest card when he healed Wilyador's wound. We still managed to quest sufficiently without him in play, but do we score Glorfindel's threat cost as a dead hero, or is 'removed from the game' different from a hero dying? My inclination would be to say he's dead so the score increases. Do others agree?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. D
United States
Oneonta
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I agree that the score increases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crixtey
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also think you need to count Glorfindel as a dead hero.

As for the winning conditions of the quest: The card says "If Wilyador is completely healed when this effect resolves, Wilyador survives and the players have won the game"

So based on the card text, I would say the winning condition is the eagle's health stable at 0, not acquiring a number of athelas plants. Sounds like you're victorious to me. Just my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.