Subject: How to participate in Battling Tops? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mel K
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I created an account just to ask this question. I've been going to the BGG.CON with hubby for 8 years and love watching the Battling Tops. Next year, I have it in my head to participate. The mime team was hilarious, I would have loved to have joined them. Do people just sign up for it on a sheet at the CON, if so, how do they get into teams or have their costumes ready on such short notice? Or is this all worked out well ahead of the CON. I'm clueless and a search of the forums didn't yield any info.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is just the signups that go up 24 hours before.

Some people do create teams, like the mimes and others, but they are technically just signing up individually. The teams aren't "officially" part of the event.

So go stand in line 30-60 minutes before the signup goes up 24 hours before the event, and prep a costume and a team ahead of time!

I played for my first time this year, but I missed the signups. I just volunteered quickly when they had no-shows, and were giving out the remaining tops. Lost in the first round. cry

But it was great fun! thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, the teams are just friends that planned a team in advance. So, there's nothing official; just people getting together and doing hilarious things.

However, even if you do plan something with a few friends, you still need to sign up for the event, just like all of the other events. The sign-up sheets are over by the elevators, and are posted 24 hours prior to the event.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikki Ebright
United States
Centennial
Colorado (CO)
flag msg tools
badge
New Avatar! So much Excite! Photo credit to Debbie Ohi, who is Awesome!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the teams are generally people who banded together for the silliness, friends from before the con or because of it.

If you're looking at joining up with a particular group, I'm sure someone here could help get you in touch for pre-con coordination.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.