Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Brown
United States
Pine Grove
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got a message that the pre-orders from the website should be delivered by 12/12. GenCon and other pre-orders by 12/16!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Arn
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maverick444 wrote:
Just got a message that the pre-orders from the website should be delivered by 12/12. GenCon and other pre-orders by 12/16!

The message I got said they would be shipped on Dec 12 (for online pre-orders). For the US I would assume this means delivery will be 3-5 days later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael F
United States
Albany
OR
flag msg tools
My job is not the day shift or the night shift, it's the always shift!
badge
I will chop your head off!
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news! When I pre-ordered this I wasn't sure when it would arrive, but that's good to know that they're getting it out before the end of the year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Derrick
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The message:

Buffy Fans!

We should have our pre-order copies for Buffy shipping to customers on December 12th! If you have placed a Pre-order at GenCon, Dragon Con, our Online Store or through any other method, games will ship throughout the week of December 12th-16th.

If you have updated shipping information, please let Shane know at shane@jascogames.com. Thank you and we hope to have games to you in time for Christmas!

2017 is the Buffy 20th Anniversary and the official release is currently being scheduled for early February.

If you have not placed a pre-order at this time, we will fill orders on a first come first serve basis and once we run out of early copies, you will have to wait until the official release for round 2 of shipping in February!

Thank you all for checking this out! We are very excited!

We are working on some Buffy game play videos to show you how awesome this game really is so keep an eye out for our next updates!

NOTE TO RETAILERS- Pre-Orders for retail do not ship until the official release!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Thematic Colors of Gaming Blog
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They are saying on facebook if you ordered from a local game store you should still get it around the same time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SeerMagic wrote:
They are saying on facebook if you ordered from a local game store you should still get it around the same time.

My local store contacted their distributor to find out for me. They said Jasco is being sold through impressions now. they wouldn't give any update at all, and they have no date whatsoever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James W
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Received an email update today from Jasco:

"Jasco Games here to bring an update on the Buffy board game!

We are expecting our air freight shipment of Buffy to arrive at our warehouse by the end of this week.

If you recently moved or changed addresses, please reply so we can make the changes before your game is shipped!

We are hoping to have the games sent out in time for Christmas. Regardless of any holiday delays, we would like you to know that the air freight shipment is entirely for our direct customer pre-order sales from Gencon, Dragoncon, and our online webstore. This means that you will have your game way before you see it on store shelves, and you can share the exclusivity with your friends!

Wishing you the best this holiday season
Enjoy the board game!
~Jasco Games"

I'm guessing I'll see if the week after Christmas. But getting closer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
puckstop98 wrote:

We are expecting our air freight shipment of Buffy to arrive at our warehouse by the end of this week.

If you recently moved or changed addresses, please reply so we can make the changes before your game is shipped!

We are hoping to have the games sent out in time for Christmas. Regardless of any holiday delays, we would like you to know that the air freight shipment is entirely for our direct customer pre-order sales from Gencon, Dragoncon, and our online webstore. This means that you will have your game way before you see it on store shelves, and you can share the exclusivity with your friends!

Wishing you the best this holiday season :)
Enjoy the board game!
~Jasco Games"

I still love how they told people to pre order it from their local stores at gencon, are now screwed over. And somehow they think that's a good thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Brownell
United States
Twin Oaks
OK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SeerMagic wrote:
puckstop98 wrote:

Wishing you the best this holiday season
Enjoy the board game!
~Jasco Games"

I still love how they told people to pre order it from their local stores at gencon, are now screwed over. And somehow they think that's a good thing.

As recently as two weeks ago they were saying that distributor orders would be going out alongside regular preorders.

Apparently not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Watson
United States
Farmington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tommy3Count wrote:

As recently as two weeks ago they were saying that distributor orders would be going out alongside regular preorders.

Apparently not.

here is what the situation looks like based on what I can piece together through their various communications:
1. Original plan was to ship all pre-orders first (including retail pre-orders)
2. Component issues were identified in the punch board pieces of the game.
3. JASCO chooses to correct the issue prior to shipping to customers (a proper decision, in my opinion)
4. These component issues delay the planned shipment.
5. JASCO chooses to airfreight the games that were ordered through their direct channels where full retail was received (their online store and convention sales) as that was the population of games where they could hope to recoup their cost.
6. The remainder of the games (for distribution and anywhere else that they are only receiving their Wholesale cost) will come when the ship gets here.

While I appreciate the frustration, the root cause was an error at the factory. Sometimes the cost of doing business forces tough choices. In this case, at least I understand and respect where they felt they had to draw the line. Of course, your individual point of view may differ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Brownell
United States
Twin Oaks
OK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nastywarnob wrote:
Tommy3Count wrote:

Apparently not.

here is what the situation looks like based on what I can piece together through their various communications:
1. Original plan was to ship all pre-orders first (including retail pre-orders)
2. Component issues were identified in the punch board pieces of the game.
3. JASCO chooses to correct the issue prior to shipping to customers (a proper decision, in my opinion)
4. These component issues delay the planned shipment.
5. JASCO chooses to airfreight the games that were ordered through their direct channels where full retail was received (their online store and convention sales) as that was the population of games where they could hope to recoup their cost.
6. The remainder of the games (for distribution and anywhere else that they are only receiving their Wholesale cost) will come when the ship gets here.

While I appreciate the frustration, the root cause was an error at the factory. Sometimes the cost of doing business forces tough choices. In this case, at least I understand and respect where they felt they had to draw the line. Of course, your individual point of view may differ.

I'm not saying I'm not planning to buy the game. It just would have been nicer to know when gameplanning when and how I'm going to buy it, since they contradicted themselves as recently as two weeks ago when someone asked them point blank about retailer preorders. I've worked for a few tabletop companies on the RPG side of hobby. I get that things happen, and companies aren't usually big enough to account for every hiccup, but a little communication goes a long way (and I wouldn't have been bugging my game store about it, I would have just had it marked in my head as "February" and went on with it"). It is what it is, though, and - like most anyone posting here - I certainly have enough games to keep me busy, so I'm not sitting around bored and waiting on it...but as a first time would-be Jasco consumer, their basic communication and promotion is pretty...lacking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Watson
United States
Farmington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tommy3Count wrote:
It is what it is, though, and - like most anyone posting here - I certainly have enough games to keep me busy, so I'm not sitting around bored and waiting on it...but as a first time would-be Jasco consumer, their basic communication and promotion is pretty...lacking.

Yeah....I have plenty of games too....BUT I WANT TO PLAY THIS ONE! The theme even has my wife willing to play with me and the kids (she and I were big Buffy fans when the series was running).

As it is, we'll all have to continue to wait. I'm hoping the gameplay makes it all worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it's their communication that's the problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Brownell
United States
Twin Oaks
OK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nastywarnob wrote:
Tommy3Count wrote:
It is what it is, though, and - like most anyone posting here - I certainly have enough games to keep me busy, so I'm not sitting around bored and waiting on it...but as a first time would-be Jasco consumer, their basic communication and promotion is pretty...lacking.

Yeah....I have plenty of games too....BUT I WANT TO PLAY THIS ONE! The theme even has my wife willing to play with me and the kids (she and I were big Buffy fans when the series was running).

As it is, we'll all have to continue to wait. I'm hoping the gameplay makes it all worth it.

I'm with you 100%.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.