Hide
8 Posts

Innovation» Forums » Rules

Subject: Empiricism question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Baramon
msg tools
During my last game I've activated Empiricism dogma and call out 9 nine age cards one purple and one green and one of them is purple I have to put it on top of Empiricism without reading second part of the dogma or do I read it and win the game if I have 20+ bulbs? I know it's pretty stupid to call out purple card when you already have 20 bulbs, but we had an argument over this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Z
Australia
Rockhampton
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The dogma of the card gets completed, even if it is covered up during the effect.

The dogma (and echoes etc.) happen as if they were in the state when they activated.

You win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baramon
msg tools
Hmm couldn't find this in faq are you sure that both dogmas gets completed? I was playing base game only, still waiting for deluxe KS

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the card that covers Empiricism means you no longer have 20 Bulbs, then you won't win. You still do activate that second part of the Dogma, but you use the number of Bulbs you have after the first part to determine if you win.

Also, if you happened to be sharing because your opponent had enough Bulbs and still has at least 20 after both of you complete the first Dogma effect, the opponent that shared with you executes the second effect first and wins before you have a chance to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
All effects are completed, regardless of where the card is / whether it's covered up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
angelkurisu wrote:
All effects are completed, regardless of where the card is / whether it's covered up.

This guy's the publisher of the game, so listen to him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baramon
msg tools
so Jorgen rules is false and no icons should be recounted between one card dogma?

Another little question, if card says play highest card from your hand and I only have one, do I still play it or not? My guess I do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Baramon wrote:
so Jorgen rules is false and no icons should be recounted between one card dogma?

Jorgen was correct.

If the card added by Empiricism's first dogma effect covers Empiricism, you still apply Empiricism's second dogma effect.

Page 5 of the FAQ says, "If a card is removed from play mid dogma (covered, returned, returned, etc.) you still complete all of the effects on it."

The lightbulbs covered by that new card do not count for Empiricism's second dogma effect. (Any lightbulbs on that card do count.)

Furthermore, any changes in lightbulbs caused by card(s) added due to the first dogma effect do not determine who gets to use the second dogma effect. As noted on page 5 of the FAQ, the icon counts are made once before applying effects.

Baramon wrote:
Another little question, if card says play highest card from your hand and I only have one, do I still play it or not? My guess I do.

You do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.