Sweden
Sundbyberg
Sundbyberg
flag msg tools
...microbrewed beer.
badge
...more hops, better die rolls.
mbmbmbmbmb
Scenario W3 has an acolyte starting on the board, surrounded by water. There are also two additional acolytes in reserve that can spawn later in the game.
As far as I can tell these acolytes have no way of reaching the acolyte exit. The acolytes only have a move of 2 (or 3 on hard mode) so they can't enter water spaces (requiring 4 action points). The acolyte exit is surrounded by water.
What is the purpose of the acolytes in this scenario? Do they move if there is no path to the exit? Am I missing something?

I noticed that scenario W4 has a different location for the acolyte exit. Should W3 use the same location?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fluid Karma
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I recall correctly, cultists are always allowed to move 1 space, even if they regularly wouldn't reach it with their movement points. So an acolyte can go through water one square at a time per movement phase, even if the penalty is higher than its movement ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrik Severinsson
Sweden
Sundbyberg
Sundbyberg
flag msg tools
...microbrewed beer.
badge
...more hops, better die rolls.
mbmbmbmbmb
The enemy movement rules on pg26 does not mention this. They only say that enemies spend one AP to move one space. Only insectiods ignore movement penalties, so I'd assume cultist does not. I can't find any exceptions to these movement rules.

Edit: Now I found it. The rule is only written in the "Enemy turn reminders" bar on the side of page 26.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
So this is now resolved, I'd presume?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.