Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb

Somebody had fun with that last pledge here What a fleeting moment in time!

(It's gone already...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
Now to see what he has in mind for the milestone. Last campaign, for hitting $666,666 he committed to creating a KD version of Satan (which was created and sold already!)

Hopefully he has something even crazier planned for this milestone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Highlord Tamburlaine
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe we'll see the Satan twins return in plastic as an expansion of some sort?

Sword Satan is up there with the Fighter Class and Sword Hunter as my favorite KD minis. I wouldn't mind seeing them wreck havoc in the game officially!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's just a number.... right?

Muwahhaha

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmb
haslo wrote:
0:-)

∋━━o(`∀´o)~→
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The update says the Satan Twins are only for Satan pledge levels... I hope it's a mistake and they will be included in the Gambler's lantern pledges as well. They were supposed to get ALL new expansions/pinups.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Brittle
msg tools
poifpoif wrote:
The update says the Satan Twins are only for Satan pledge levels... I hope it's a mistake and they will be included in the Gambler's lantern pledges as well. They were supposed to get ALL new expansions/pinups.

They are not new expansions or pinups.

They're old pinups.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hellena Handbasket
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not too worried about whether unplanned content gets added to the "get everything" tiers as I imagine the planned content will more than justify the cost of the tiers and unplanned content is liable to destabilize Adam's bottom line. Him turning his multi-million dollar kickstarter into a multi-million dollar debt is a real danger and I'd rather see him price new stuff responsibly than see him fail financially and never deliver a product.

That said, as excited as I am for a potential Satan expansion, I hope he doesn't go too overboard with unplanned content, responsibly priced or not. No matter how much money he gets, more content means more time waiting for that content. I could see him maybe adding an "unplanned content" shipping wave at the end of the other stuff, but, in general, I'd prefer to see him stick mostly to his original plan and deliver according to his original plan as well. The amount of content is liable to be fine, but I do worry about how long it will take us to get it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
WaterPyro wrote:
poifpoif wrote:

They're old pinups.

+1. They are old content with no new gameplay material. This is just their first time in plastic. Seems totally fair not to have in Gamblers pledges, but totally makes sense to go into Satan pledges
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Buller
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
Oldschool
mbmbmbmbmb
Were they used as a reward in the first kickstarter? If not, then they are new ks matarial just as much as the other old models that are now finding use as expansions such as the nightmare ram. The 777 and 927 clearly states that they will include all new stuff to be revealed, whereas the satans pledge gives them everything from the first KS as well. As previously said, these werent in the old KS so they must be new from that perspective. To be honest, I dont really care, because I dont have any use for pinups and im probably never going to assemple half of those I will be getting anyway, im just saying that there might be some people who have a bit of a case in this matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
Netherlands
Alkmaar
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My two cents are:

Quote:
"The Satan twins, now destined for hard plastic, are being added to all the Satan's Lantern pledge levels. While cannon to KD, they were an artistic challenge from the original kickstarter. Plus... they wouldn't really fight survivors in that form (for lore reasons). All other backer's have access to them as optional Add-Ons."

So the original Twin Satans get recast as hard plastic and are part of the Satan's pledges.

Quote:
"An expansion featuring their "final" form will appear during this campaign. If I had it ready now, I would certainly share it. But I don't! Apparently catching up on some much needed rest is a foolish for me right now! There was zero prior plan to include expansion during this kickstarter campaign, even in my most wild of funding expectations (which we have passed by the way)! I need to do some serious math, as I was planning a very LARGE monster. I'll have all the details together before I present it."

Adam announces ANOTHER NEW expansion here. So this will be part of the latter pledges (including the $777 and $927 as these are NEW expansions.) The announcement of a new expansion is as awesome as it gets! And from the looks of it, it will include a large monster.

The discussion about the old pin-up models not being included in other pledges than the more expensive Satan pledges are beyond me though. I am just happy with the news we get another new expansion down the line (to add as an add-on or as part of the higher pledges.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Elyklord wrote:
WaterPyro wrote:
poifpoif wrote:

They're old pinups.

+1. They are old content with no new gameplay material. This is just their first time in plastic. Seems totally fair not to have in Gamblers pledges, but totally makes sense to go into Satan pledges

Satan's pledge:

- Kingdom Death: Monster core game 1.5
- Gambler's chest
- All new expansions from this kickstarer
- All new pinups from this kickstarter
- All new propos from this kickstarter
- Exclusive Satan T-shirt
- Pinups od Death - Series 1
- All pinups @ promos from last KDM Kickstarter

And here is the official list of pinups and promo's from last KS that are eligible:

Pinup Dragon Sacrifice
Pinup Lantern Festival
Pinup Leather Queen
Pinup Lioness
Pinup Phoenix Dancer
Pinup Primal Huntress
Pinup Rawhide Dame
Pinup Regeneration Suit
Pinup Silk Assassin w/ unique base Insert
Pinup Sunstalker Dancer
Pinup Twilight Witch
Pinup Reversal, Allison The Twilight Knight

Messenger of Courage w/ unique insert
Messenger of Humanity w/ unique insert
Messenger of the First Story
Messenger of the Spiral Path
Holiday White Speaker Nico
Beyond the Wall
Aya the Survivor
Paul the Survivor
Twilight Knight
Snow the Savior

So, I fail to see that logic stating that the old/new pinups should belong to that pledge for free but should be an add-on for anyone else.

The twins don't fit anything in the Satan's pledge description that is exclusive to it.
It's not old as in the "All pinups & promos from last KDM Kickstarter" list.
And, apparently, it's not new enough to fit the BFG pledges.

So, it's not about what Satan's pledgers are naturally entitled to get.

If not, then it's a "bonus", a thank you addition for the 6666666$ achievement.
Fair enough.

But if you thank people for the amazing achievement they all contributed to, you don't just thank some of them for no particular reason.

There is no valid logic there, just people being partial.

The only way to get what Poots says and does is to constantly make circumstantial and subjective interpretations.

Total disclosure: I'm a satan's pledger but I don't try to twist the logic just because it benefits me.
Fair is fair.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
Netherlands
Alkmaar
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
baylock wrote:
If you thank people for the amazing achievement, you don't just thank some of them for no particular reason.

There is no valid logic there, just people being partial.

I understand your point of view on this matter and I bet every single backer would be happy to see one free miniature for this achievement (despite this KS-campaign already delivers a ton of free stuff for bakcers of every pledge level) but even if I would be a bakcer of the lower pledge levels I would rejoice with the news that a new expansion with a large monster was just announced (even though it would cost extra $ for the lower pledges.)

Judging comments at the KS-site and here backers are disappointed that the old Satan promo's are not included in their pledge or not. It seems many are focussing on what is not instead on what will come. But that has become a common issue with every KS-campaign these days...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tolin
United States
Beaumont
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Elyklord wrote:
WaterPyro wrote:
poifpoif wrote:

They're old pinups.

So... can you explain why the Gambler's Lantern gets the Role Survivors?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zamnath wrote:
That said, as excited as I am for a potential Satan expansion, I hope he doesn't go too overboard with unplanned content, responsibly priced or not. No matter how much money he gets, more content means more time waiting for that content. I could see him maybe adding an "unplanned content" shipping wave at the end of the other stuff, but, in general, I'd prefer to see him stick mostly to his original plan and deliver according to his original plan as well. The amount of content is liable to be fine, but I do worry about how long it will take us to get it.

Well, the Kickstarter has until 2020 before it even starts being late

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
Netherlands
Alkmaar
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DavidT wrote:
Elyklord wrote:
WaterPyro wrote:
poifpoif wrote:

They're old pinups.

I see your take on the old Satan miniatures, but the Gambler's Lantern pledges will get another (free) previously unplanned NEW expansion with overhauled Satan characters and a large monster.

Looking at the old Satan miniatures I fit them into the category of "Pinups & Promos from last Kingdom Death: Monster kickstarter." But ofcourse there are plenty of reasons to fight this opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Magallian wrote:
Looking at the old Satan miniatures I fit them into the category of "Pinups & Promos from last Kingdom Death: Monster kickstarter." But ofcourse there are plenty of reasons to fight this opinion.

It's not a matter of opinion here.

There is an official list of what these pinups and promo's are. No grey area here.
And people pledged accordingly.
So, no, this argument is objectively not valid.

That's why projects involving money or privileges should be very well framed and not subject to interpretations.
Because in these kind of situations an opinion is not an opinion anymore, it's a bias.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tolin
United States
Beaumont
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Magallian wrote:
DavidT wrote:
Elyklord wrote:
WaterPyro wrote:
poifpoif wrote:

They're old pinups.

I see your take on the old Satan miniatures, but the Gambler's Lantern pledges will get another (free) previously unplanned NEW expansion with overhauled Satan characters and a large monster.

Yep, I'm excited to hear about another new expansion. And I don't think I'd even want the twin form minis--I'm not a fan. I just don't buy the idea that they're "old promos," if the Role Survivors are "new."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can kind of understand the angst - but they're not essential to anything, since as Poots stated, "they wouldn't really fight survivors in that form (for lore reasons)". I guess that's a way to say "they're not stupid and prefer armor to no armor"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmb
haslo wrote:
I can kind of understand the angst - but they're not essential to anything, since as Poots stated, "they wouldn't really fight survivors in that form (for lore reasons)". I guess that's a way to say "they're not stupid and prefer armor to no armor"

Armor > tongue-and-penis armor > no armor
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't really say I'm a fan of the twins. I find their design quite dumb actually. BUT, I am excited to see this large monster Poots has planned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the people complaining about the lack of the twins in lower tiers, you should know there are lots of pin-ups and content that don't fall into the category of content from the last KS or the new KS. Yes, some of that is being repurposed as expansions, but that seems to be limited to large monster models, not pin-ups. Also the twins are not being repuprosed in any way; they are simply being released again, with the only difference being plastic as opposed to resin. There are already several models in the Satan pledge that Adam says shouldn't really be there so why aren't you complaining about those? He has just chosen to add these in as well, and as a bonus, making them available to everyone as an add-on without having to buy from the shop later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Highlord Tamburlaine
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gambler pledges should take solace in the fact that they get the Lion Knight roles from the expansion, even if they don't own it or weren't planning on getting it.

After all, that's 4 figures that will have no gameplay value at all if you don't own the expansion, and there's tokens already in there to boot!

Yet I don't remember people moaning and groaning about getting figures that had no use if they didn't already own everything...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
DavidT wrote:
Elyklord wrote:
WaterPyro wrote:
poifpoif wrote:

They're old pinups.

Yes I can! The Role Survivors are being added to the Lion Knight expansion, so all copies of that expansion will have them going forward. Since that technically makes them new gameplay content, they are being included.

Compare that to the Satan Twins not being part of an expansion, not a pinup, having no gameplay value, and being "old" sculpts

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonny x
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
illiterate bookworm wrote:
Gambler pledges should take solace in the fact that they get the Lion Knight roles from the expansion, even if they don't own it or weren't planning on getting it.

After all, that's 4 figures that will have no gameplay value at all if you don't own the expansion, and there's tokens already in there to boot!

Yet I don't remember people moaning and groaning about getting figures that had no use if they didn't already own everything...

I'm going out on a limb here that the majority of Gambler pledgers already own everything. The pledge level is catered to those that have the game and all expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.