John Yein
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a bit confused about this.

Using the example in the rulebook (fig. 7, 8), I originally thought that each of the four street group is composed of 3 spots and that the corner house belonged only to its own group of 4 spots

1. But it looks like each group is composed of 4 areas, with the corner house spots belonging to both the street group and the corner house group?

2. If that is the case, then the corner house spot can possibly be scored twice?

3. I originally thought you score by multiplying the same occupation cards by the meeples that are in the 4 (or 3) spots. But now it looks like you actually multiply the same occupation cards by the meeples that owns that color of occupation cards instead.

So say in a group, the four spots are composed of:
spot 1: yellow occupation, owned by red player
spot 2: yellow occupation owned by yellow player
Spot 3: red occupation, owned by red player
spot 4: red occupation, owned by blue player

so the scoring is:
Red player: 2 points (from 2 yellow occupation x 1 red meeple) + 2 points (from 2 red occupation x 1 red meeple) = 4 points total
Yellow player: 2 points (2 Yellow occupation x 1 yellow meeple)
Blue player: 2 points (2 Red occupation x 1 Blue meeple)

and not:
Red player: 4 points (from 2 yellow occupation x 2 red meeples) + 4 Points (2 red occupation x 2 red meeples) = 8 Points total
Yellow player: 2 points (2 yellow occupation x 1 yellow meeple) + 2 points(2 Red occupation x 1 yellow meeple) = 4 points total
Blue player: 2 points (2 yellow occupation x 1 blue meeple) + 2 points(2 Red occupation x 1 blue meeple) = 4 points total

hopefully I am not making this more complicated then it should be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Williams
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes to all 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hai Bing
China
Beijing
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
YES,U R right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.