Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Allen Cordell
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would've been my Christmas present to myself!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure you can find a reason to give yourself a belated Christmas present in January or February when rumor says it will be available again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Cordell
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kelann08 wrote:
I'm sure you can find a reason to give yourself a belated Christmas present in January or February when rumor says it will be available again.

Oh, I plan on it. Still a damn shame
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Örjan Almén
Sweden
Karlstad
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I believe everyone think it's sad that the game is not around for the holiday season, but the public took the game to their hearts in a much higher level than expected and reprints aren't done too quickly, unfortunately. In a way it is a pleasant problem but still a problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
When the next batch comes around it probably won't be around for long again. Don't dilly-dally because it'd be a shame if you missed it again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Teti
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
alphasixty wrote:
kelann08 wrote:

Oh, I plan on it. Still a damn shame

Same with me. Once CSI or MM have it in stock again, Insta-buy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Cordell
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WBuchanan wrote:
When the next batch comes around it probably won't be around for long again. Don't dilly-dally because it'd be a shame if you missed it again!

Good point

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I personally am not going to buy it until they give it a deluxe treatment. The game itself is great, but I think it is underproduced. The quality of the components is sub-par. Thin player mats (which will be destroyed quickly with successive plays), cardstock is ok, and it would be nice to have a better player help.

The guy I learned it from had laminated his player mats, printed off a unique help guide, and had included bowls for holding the money cubes. It made the game that much better, and I honestly cant bring myself to play it again without those enhancements.

A game this good desperately needs better treatment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J V
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use dice to indicate the production level. I bought yellow dice for the mega credits. Brown for steel, black for titanium, green for greenery, purple for power and red for heat. Im also builiding a wooden border around everything. All problems with that lousy player board is solved.... but it did cost me an extra $60.

Magnetic paper plus gluing small magnets to some of your cubes is another option.

Im basically making a deluxe edition. It needs it. If you so much as sneeze it can wipe out your board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Perello
Canada
Salmo
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Want DnDeeples? I'm on Esty as MagnificentMeeples.
mbmbmbmbmb
atarilynx wrote:
Thin player mats (which will be destroyed quickly with successive plays)

What exactly are you doing with your player mats?

In all seriousness, this is a complaint I don't understand. Most FFG games use similar material for their player mats, as do many publishers, yet this is the first game I've seen this complaint. There is definitely a problem with information loss with a bump of the table, but that's why I made these:

evilnox wrote:
but it did cost me an extra $60.

The above trays are only $25.00 USD including shipping, both North America and Europe...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
texan hick
msg tools
My local game shop has taken a pre-order list, it's currently 15 deep..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Cannon
United States
Annapolis
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have an extra shrink wrapped copy available if someone wants to make an offer. I was desperate to find a copy in November and placed two orders with different suppliers expecting one of them to be out of stock.

Send me a geek mail if interested.

Tom
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Chaney

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wtcannonjr wrote:
I have an extra shrink wrapped copy available if someone wants to make an offer. I was desperate to find a copy in November and placed two orders with different suppliers expecting one of them to be out of stock.

Send me a geek mail if interested.

Tom

I had a similar experience: ordered a copy, then found one in a store. After playing the copy in hand, I ordered two more!

I took two of the extra copies to game nights, and they were instantly claimed there. I sold both at cost and was happy to have more copies in circulation locally - for the last month every public game session has seen multiple simultaneous plays of this title!!!

The fourth copy I was thinking of holding on to for Christmas. Then I went to a non-game store. A person who had also just arrived approached me ... "My daughter noticed your copy of Terraforming Mars in your truck." I'm now down to a single copy again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J V
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
$25 for all 5 player boards? If only i had known a week ago!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Cordell
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In case anyone was wondering, I bought Trickerion instead
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Applewhite
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Relax wrote:
atarilynx wrote:
Thin player mats (which will be destroyed quickly with successive plays)

What exactly are you doing with your player mats?

In all seriousness, this is a complaint I don't understand. Most FFG games use similar material for their player mats, as do many publishers, yet this is the first game I've seen this complaint. There is definitely a problem with information loss with a bump of the table, but that's why I made these:

evilnox wrote:
but it did cost me an extra $60.

The above trays are only $25.00 USD including shipping, both North America and Europe...

I just ordered Backs and Overlays for my copy of TFM (that is still pre-order) from BoardGameBoost.com (the owners' name is Pete). I also ordered Backs and Overlays for Great Western Trail too. Those Backs and Overlays will get here hopefully this week. Take a look!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlxiFAil4fM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Brozik
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I've got the Meeple Realty insert, the upgraded version has fantastic wood/plexi player mat holders

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manny Rodz
United States
Wayne
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got my Game Trayz. Makes a huge difference. No more bumping the cubes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
alphasixty wrote:
Would've been my Christmas present to myself!

Odd. My friend just nabbed a copy off the shelf from arguably the most popular game store in Toronto. I didn't even realize this game was difficult to find.

Although, I was able to acquire the last copy of Panamax (a game sold out for months now) from this same store that same day, so maybe we were in the right place at the right time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.