14 Posts

V-Commandos» Forums » General

Subject: Does Anneke card have any misprint? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Goda solston
Spain
flag msg tools
I have observed that some Kickstarter additional characters are copies of other basic characters:

-Jamie Finnlock is a copy of Résistance's Saboteur.
-VF Intel Officer is a copy Secret Weapons' Intel Officer.
-Anneke is a copy of Secret Weapons' Butcher.

The problem is, while some cards are exact copies (except artwork), like the VF Intel Officer, the tan version of the Butcher and Anneke cards differs between them (the Butcher has an additional Grenade and a Panzerfaust).

Does Anneke card have any misprint (lacking a Grenade and a Panzerfaust)? Or is the Butcher card the wrong one?

Can anyone check Jamie Finnlock and Saboteur cards to see if there is any differences between them? (I don't have the Résistance expansion, so I can't check for myself).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lex Talionis
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Saboteur & Finlnlock are identical, they have different weapons (MP40/Sten) but same statistics (2 dice without silencer)

VF Intel Officer "goliath" ability costs 2 actions, 1 action for de original Intel Officer. Misprint ??

Anneke & the Butcher have different equipments printed on one face, maybe it's a choice of the game designer ?

But there's another real misprint :
"ignore gas when wearing a German Uniform: [P] icon on both sides of the card (not [1A] icon). Perform a close combat attack when visible: [1A] icon on both sides of the card (not [P] icon)."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh gosh I hope this game gets a new expansion on Kickstarter which includes an errata pack for existing editions. This game is full of misprints and misleading information :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lex Talionis
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slashdoctor wrote:
This game is full of misprints and misleading information :/

Not a lot of misprints (wrong icons on 2 or 3 commandos cards) without a great repercussion on the game, but the author said he will put an improved rulebook on the website after collecting all the observations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud de la Touanne
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
LexTalionis07 wrote:
VF Intel Officer "goliath" ability costs 2 actions, 1 action for de original Intel Officer. Misprint ??

Yes it is a misprint (added to the FAQ).

LexTalionis07 wrote:
Anneke & the Butcher have different equipments printed on one face, maybe it's a choice of the game designer ?

Yes

LexTalionis07 wrote:
"ignore gas when wearing a German Uniform: [P] icon on both sides of the card (not [1A] icon). Perform a close combat attack when visible: [1A] icon on both sides of the card (not [P] icon)."

This one was spotted previouly on other forums (it was on the FAQ)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goda solston
Spain
flag msg tools
Be careful with the FAQs, it's Anneke(tan) card that adds the Grenade and the Panzerfaust, not Anneke(blue), if Butcher and Anneke have to be the same.

Furthermore, in the FAQs you indicate that Anneke must be played with the Résistance expansion, but it must be played with Secret Weapons expansion instead (the expansion where Panzerfausts and Smoke Bombs are present).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LexTalionis07 wrote:
Slashdoctor wrote:
This game is full of misprints and misleading information :/

Not a lot of misprints (wrong icons on 2 or 3 commandos cards) without a great repercussion on the game, but the author said he will put an improved rulebook on the website after collecting all the observations.

Yes, but they are BIG ones. Rulebook mistakes are usually insignificant, since other players in general don't have to read the rulebook. Event and scenario card misprints are slightly annoying but they rarely come up.

But character card misprints are rather huge and I am surprised it wasn't discovered during playtesting (though it may be that the expansion content was not widely playtested, since errors are dominantly on those cards).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud de la Touanne
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Rattus wrote:

Furthermore, in the FAQs you indicate that Anneke must be played with the Résistance expansion, but it must be played with Secret Weapons expansion instead (the expansion where Panzerfausts and Smoke Bombs are present).

Oops, you are right, thank you, I corrected it.

>> I also uploaded the corrected cards on the FAQ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MS-06 Zaku II
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hate misprint, not only to V-Commandos but also other games with errata...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X. Nostradunwhich
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ThibaudMTL wrote:
Oops, you are right, thank you, I corrected it.

>> I also uploaded the corrected cards on the FAQ.

Any chance of getting an errata image of the Butcher?

The other images are in the FAQ, but not the butcher.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud de la Touanne
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Nostradunwhich wrote:

Any chance of getting an errata image of the Butcher?

The other images are in the FAQ, but not the butcher.

Sure, I just did it. Direct link: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0415/3361/files/Commando_S...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X. Nostradunwhich
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ThibaudMTL wrote:

Thanks for that. Since I sleeve my cards anyway, I just printed these and slipped them into the sleeve and I am good to go
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spe Oneshot
France
flag msg tools
mb
ThibaudMTL wrote:
LexTalionis07 wrote:

This one was spotted previouly on other forums (it was on the FAQ)

- So the updated file of Anneke is still incorrect in french ? Weapons are good but text is incorrect ?

- Do we have a chance to get a reprint of these misprinted cards (core and goodies) during the mass production of retail boxes ? At least for backers ? I'm ready to pay a little money for that cuz I'm conscious it will cost you but everybody won't ask for this systematically. 6 cards for the moment is not impossible to mix to a game reprint.
Several reasons I would prefer than correcting myself : I don't sleeve my cards above all if I don't shuffle them, it is hard to correct these big missprints with a pen or to have a good result with pasting, hard to remember all as it does'nt follow any logic, I don't want... laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud de la Touanne
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
jbattut wrote:
- So the updated file of Anneke is still incorrect in french ? Weapons are good but text is incorrect ?

Anneke French version: Tan side / starts with more weapons than what you have on the printed card. I added the blue side (with text correction) which was missing in the FAQ. Thanks!

jbattut wrote:
- Do we have a chance to get a reprint of these misprinted cards (core and goodies) during the mass production of retail boxes ? At least for backers ? I'm ready to pay a little money for that cuz I'm conscious it will cost you but everybody won't ask for this systematically. 6 cards for the moment is not impossible to mix to a game reprint.
Several reasons I would prefer than correcting myself : I don't sleeve my cards above all if I don't shuffle them, it is hard to correct these big missprints with a pen or to have a good result with pasting, hard to remember all as it does'nt follow any logic, I don't want... laugh

I understand. Mass production was done at the same time as the Kickstarter production, so this option is not possible. I cannot garantee that we will reprint these Kickstarter cards, we will see what is possible for the 2nd print of the game next year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.