Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jonathan schleyer
United States
Manhattan Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Making my way through the scenarios in order so now I am at V04.

This was the setup:

This was a terrible fight for the British. Right at the start, the German fighter squadron split into a flight and took down a British squadron.

The rest of the battle went equally badly for the British. They learned the hard way that, with the advanced bounce rules, it's a bad idea to ignore veteran German fighters and just focus on going after the bombers.

Even the last Spitfire squadron that came in late in the game, climbed high and dove on the German bombers, was on able to achieve a disrupt before itself being broken. I think it rolled snake eyes on cohesion

So final score:

Germans:
3 (bombers making it to England but one was disrupted) + British 7 losses = 22 VPS

British:
3 German losses (1 fighter and 2 bombers) = 5 VPS

TOTAL SCORE = GERMAN VP - BRITISH VP = +17 = GERMAN VICTORY

thumbsup Great narrative
thumbsup Lots of action
thumbsup Looks great
thumbsdown Except for the paper map
thumbsdown Many little rules that are hard to remember so I am never quite sure if I am playing correctly. I am getting better at it as practice makes perfect.

Still on the fence about getting Wing Leader: Supremacy 1943-1945 and I want to decide by tomorrow if I jump on the P500.

+ On one hand the new GMT high quality map would be great. And also the new end of war planes and scenarios.
- On the other, there are so many scenarios in [thing=160418] that will I ever make it to volume 2? And there is an inexpensive new expansion called Blitz on p500.

So should I splurge on Wing Leader Supremacy? What do you all think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Cannamore
United States
Eagle River
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Enjoyed your AAR. Your counters look reel nahz.

Get it...you know you really want it. It'd be a real bummer when it goes out of print and you're the only kid on the block who doesn't have it. I'll bet there's a whole lotta lifetime left in front of you to play all the scenarios. And isn't there a major gift giving holiday fast approaching? And finally...

Okay, enough with the high pressure used car sales pitch :-) I think it is hard to pass up on this many hours of entertainment value for the price. There's a lot packed in the big box. And VASSAL to boot...

Wishing you many happy Wing Leader days,

Al
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jonathan schleyer
United States
Manhattan Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I actually received this game through a trade so I am not the one who clipped the counters but they sure look amazing! In fact, I never clipped any counters before but would like to know how, especially for rectangular counters?

Also, thanks for nudging me over the edge. Just placed a pre-order

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Beef
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's awesome!

Guess you did not want the opportunity to fly by...

It looks like the rounded counters were done by this tool-
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/753278/implementing-perfect...

I have the 2mm - it does a kick ass job.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jonathan schleyer
United States
Manhattan Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Which version do you have? The deluxe or non deluxe? On Amazon they are twice the price yet both have some negative comments about them breaking...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Beef
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I upgraded to the deluxe and very happy w/ it.

Funny you should ask -

I posted an image on page #94 of wing leader counters cut w/ a 2mm deluxe

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/19816736#19816736
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jonathan schleyer
United States
Manhattan Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. Ok, so the cost of the game may just have gone up by about $40! lol!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Beef
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But the extra cost is directly proportional to your enjoyment.

The only side impact is you'll want to do all your games - I play ASL...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Wedge
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
provence wrote:
Thanks! I actually received this game through a trade so I am not the one who clipped the counters but they sure look amazing! In fact, I never clipped any counters before but would like to know how, especially for rectangular counters?

Also, thanks for nudging me over the edge. Just placed a pre-order

Ker-ching!

And don't forget, volume 2 comes with all sorts of American aircraft in shiny aluminium metal finishes. That's got to be worth the price of admission, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.