Subject: Disappointed in theme. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
guy
Wallis and Futuna
Grand Bois Du Nord
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I am a big FoxMinds fan. I own Six (in the cube box) and Abalone. My wife and I have played Six hundreds of times and included it on my short list of my favorite 2-player games. I am considering purchasing Kabaleo and/or Kulami, both of which seem right up my alley.

But what is with Get Rich Quick? In this game becoming rich is an end unto itself, risk and life-quality be damned. shake

Is it supposed to be satiric, because I see nothing in the rules or theme that actually lets on. If it is not satiric, it is a, um, disgusting lesson. Best case scenario: I'm missing the joke here because it is too subtle. Worst: It is exactly what it seems to be.

Hey, kids! Remember: the only worthy life goal is the hoarding of money. Making something for the joy of it? That's for chumps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Munger
United States
Harker Heights
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played this one yet, but going by the corny box art, I would suspect the theme is mostly tongue in cheek. Also, the victory points in the game are earned by "enjoying" your wealth by purchasing nice things. Let me know if your impression changes if you ever have the opportunity to play it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean Gagnier
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand that.

However, in a hobby where hot games frequently promote gratuitous violence (King of Tokyo, for example), I'm not sure greed would be first on my shame list.

YMMV
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.