Craig Nicholls
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
As it says on the tin - when you activate the infantry power for explosive rounds (+2 HEF) is this added to the HEF for multiple units if they are all engaging in a group fire action or just for one unit? If it is counted for all units this could be devastating!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vasilis
Greece
Heraklion Crete
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bakon wrote:
As it says on the tin - when you activate the infantry power for explosive rounds (+2 HEF) is this added to the HEF for multiple units if they are all engaging in a group fire action or just for one unit? If it is counted for all units this could be devastating!

When firing with multiple units, you designate one of them as the lead unit and resolve everything as normal with the difference being that the other units add their unmodified HEF as a modifier to that attack.
So no, only the unit activated with the POWER card gets the bonus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Nicholls
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Bowmangr wrote:
Bakon wrote:

When firing with multiple units, you designate one of them as the lead unit and resolve everything as normal with the difference being that the other units add their unmodified HEF as a modifier to that attack.

Of course, thanks Vasilis. I had read this section but didn't think through this implication.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vasilis
Greece
Heraklion Crete
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bakon wrote:
Bowmangr wrote:
Bakon wrote:

Of course, thanks Vasilis. I had read this section but didn't think through this implication.

You are welcome. The rulebook needs an update to make a few things clear because as it is right now it's confusing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Nicholls
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
I really like the system but as you say the rulebook does leave a few things to the imagination. Apparently there is an update in the works.

Also looking through the next game using this system, '65, it looks as though the rules are written in a much comprehensive and tighter way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Walker
United States
Henry
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
'65 Squad Level Combat in Vietnam. On Kickstarter!
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Yep, that's correct and I am working on an update. I'll let y'all peruse it before it goes live. Email me at markATflyingpiggamesDOTcom if you want an early copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Nicholls
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Thanks Mark - will do!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.