BattleLore: Epic BattleLore» Forums » General

Subject: two new maps; Reluctand Allies rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
willem ter beek
Netherlands
ede
flag msg tools
http://www.battlelore.com/index.php?t=adventures&sub=app&rid...

the link (if you are registered) for two new maps, using the reluctand allies rules!

my view as i stated it on the official forum:

Well well,
maybe I missed it, but look at that!
what utter chaos is that!
You can check them out in the official adventures section on this page.
I can only guess, but here is my guess: at any time, so called allies can start hitting each other in stead of the opposing banners...
Right. Looks like fun, but strategic? I don't know.
Second Guess:
the four players each have their own set (of course the size is determined by the lvl of commander) of command cards. Turns go like this: Standards player A, Pennants player A, Standards player B, Pennants player B... for instance.
Allies will be allies for entire game. The control of the units is not in the hands of one player and that makes a nice strategic point! Just think of it... I give no examples.
This is better then the 4/6 player variant eplained in the Epic rules so far... that was nasty.

OK, shoot!

have a nice day!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cates
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My guess is the same standards A, pennants A, standards B, and pennants B. Then when one allied force captures 7 banners, the losing force is removed from the board and the allies turn on each other and fight it out. First one to 3 banners is the overall victor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
willem ter beek
Netherlands
ede
flag msg tools
yes, funny: victory is in sight for lets say the pannants. the pennant players start to move their units stratigicly before they will be slaughtered after they defeat the standards. I see two things happen:
- neither pennant A nor B wants to give te final blow to the standards because of the next turn (will be their new enemy's turn). possible that whoever finishes the enemy automaticly gets the next turn against their former allies
- because of their strategic movements (because victory is almost theirs) the standards are able to regroup and by surprise is able to defeat the pennants. WOOHAHAHA. fun!

it's a nice thought, but I don't think its gonna happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.