Jørgen G
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi,
If i destroy my opponents tech 2 building, and he has verdant tree, can my opponent then instantly rebuild tech 2, build tech 3, and summon tech 3 unit if he exhausts verdant tree?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, he can. Rebuilding is nothing but building at a reduced cost.

As an other example, Building Inspector will also make rebuilding more expensive: http://codexcarddb.com/card/building_inspector
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vash TheStampede
Saudi Arabia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zejety wrote:
Yes, he can. Rebuilding is nothing but building at a reduced cost.

As an other example, Building Inspector will also make rebuilding more expensive: http://codexcarddb.com/card/building_inspector

I didnt know this!
I always put this guy as a work.
I might hold on to him longer next time to hurt opponents economy.
Especially that Peace is verry good at destroying buildings
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Churchill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambs
flag msg tools
designer
"If we knew what we were building, it wouldn't be called research!"
badge
Sufficiently advanced mathematics is indistinguishable from magic
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, the Verdant Tree is a very interesting card. Not always the right thing to play (like pretty much every other card), but it can put you in pretty powerful positions. There's no point destroying someone's Tech I and II building unless you can also destroy their Verdant Tree, as otherwise they just rebuild instantly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Wilting
Netherlands
Vught
flag msg tools
I don't know about the card. I'm still new to the game. But I always thought that, in a situation not related to the card per se, you couldn't (re)build multiple Tech Buildings in the same turn AND also play the card from one of those Tech levels in the same turn as well.

As I understood, the scenario is like this:
Turn A: You build the Tech II Building; the Tech II Building is in construction, so it's not ready and no Tech II card can be played yet.
Turn B: You build the Tech III Building; the Tech III Building is in construction, so it's not ready and no Tech III card can be played yet, but the Tech II Building is ready and a Tech II card can be played this turn.
Turn C: The Tech III Building is ready and a Tech III card can be played this turn.

I thought that rebuilding a Tech Building would work the same way, with the exception that you don't have to pay for it.

One more question: I know that an Add-On is not considered to be a Tech Building, but does rebuilding it work the same way as rebuilding a Tech Building as well (for free)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Weber
Germany
Augsburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
0616william wrote:
I don't know about the card. I'm still new to the game. But I always thought that, in a situation not related to the card per se, you couldn't (re)build multiple Tech Buildings in the same turn AND also play the card from one of those Tech levels in the same turn as well.

You are correct, but Verdant Tree modifies these rules.

0616william wrote:

One more question: I know that an Add-On is not considered to be a Tech Building, but does rebuilding it work the same way as rebuilding a Tech Building as well (for free)?

No, you have to pay for add-ons when you rebuild them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.