Subject: Narrative sculpts Vs armor kits rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I read all the updates but Poots sometimes use some complicated sentences that I, as a non english speaker, have a hard time to get.

My question is simple:

Will there eventually be a way to have, for the entire core game + old expansions + new expansions, all the minis being armor kits OR all the minis being narrative sculpts?

I know what narrative sculpts are, that's not the problem.

But the new expansions seem to come with narrative sculpts only while the old ones came with armor kits.

My OCD's just don't like things to be mixed up.
I need consistency.

I would rather have all the minis being dynamic narrative sculpts.
And if it's not possible, I would like to have everything as armor kits.

Moreover, the reason I'm going all in, even though I already have it all is that I wanted to magnetize all the minis this time.

But I don't see the point in this if the new expansions don't allow to customize the weapons.
If it's not possible, i'd better stay with my current static armor kits

So, I would really want to know, once and for all, what's the plan here.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam D
msg tools
mbmb
I don't mind either way.

Armour kits allow me to personalise my survivors (such as when I got my first full leather set green tank, or the solo survivor of my one victory against the watcher, with the gender belt and xmaxe) and to mix and match armour sets.

Narrative sculpts have better poses and are more dynamic with less effort.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The new expansions will come with narrative sculpts. Armor kits for them will be available separately.

All old expacs will be armor kits.

Narrative sculpts for those are so far only in the Gambler's box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay W
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The old expansions are staying exactly the same, meaning the armour kits are included.

It appears that, at least with the Screaming God, that some or all of the new expansions will have narrative sculpts instead of armour kits. However, Poots has stated that armour kits are not going away, only being separated from their monster.

I would love to be able to readily pick up extra armour kits without needing to buy the whole monster as well, so works for me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magallian
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WTB armor kits with narrative miniature body's (stances)! devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oda
msg tools
But if it were me, I'd really wanna be, a giant woman.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
His comments on Update #11 seem very clear:

"Armor Kits

I love the armor kits. They were an immense challenge to create and building customized survivors brings me tremendous joy!

I have decided to produce them separately from expansions. The narrative sculptures allow me to focus on the storytelling aspects of each new expansion in a different and new way, which excites me.

This does not mean they are going away. And I may have a surprise or two in their regards when we see them again.
"

You will still be able to obtain all armor kits, but they will be released independently of the expansions. He has not commented on whether or not he will create narrative sculpts for all of the previous armor sets, but we already have male and female Phoenix armor sculpts as well as a female White Lion armor sculpt and a male Rawhide armor sculpt in the Gambler's Chest. It's possible we will see more narrative sculpts of the core and old expansion armor sets as more Gambler's stuff is revealed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Heib
Germany
München
flag msg tools
mbmb
Can someone explain to me, what Armor Kits and Narrative Sculpts are? Whats the difference?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonny x
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
NemesisWhip wrote:
Can someone explain to me, what Armor Kits and Narrative Sculpts are? Whats the difference?

Narrative sculpts are just typical miniatures. There is one way to build them. Armor kits allow for the miniature to be customized. You can change the mini's pose, mix up the armor, and use different weapons. There are a lot of different ways to build the mini. The armor kits allowed you to build 4, two male two female, miniatures. Examples of the armor kits are on the front page of the KS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
msg tools
mbmbmb
tbh I just build my survivors as 'rule of cool' with some specifics so I can use them in skirmish games (ala Frostgrave). I've got plenty left to build anyway so having a bunch dedicated to games and some to painting is all groovy in my book.

Thing is though, you are going to end up combining armour sets anyway. I've a feeling that's the way it's going to go in the future gear expansions as it makes more sense. You're piecing together bits you can to survive. Plus some of my dudes look cool af
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In minis gaming, these are often known as monopose and multipose.

Monopose is typically a stable model designed to have a dynamic pose and not built for customization. Some of these are cut in such a way as to provide a few options, like different weapons/heads, or to be compatible with other kits, where they'll be better designed to facilitate customization.

Multipose is a model with will typically feature any number of customizable options, from detailing, to weapons, to pose (hence the name), though these tend to either have pretty static poses or take some work to get them nicely dynamic looking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Shaw
United States
White Plains
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the narrative pose in general, if the set comes with different head and weapon options. Very much hope this is what Adam has in mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam newman

doncaster
south yorkshire
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
baylock wrote:
I read all the updates but Poots sometimes use some complicated sentences that I, as a non english speaker, have a hard time to get.

My question is simple:

Will there eventually be a way to have, for the entire core game + old expansions + new expansions, all the minis being armor kits OR all the minis being narrative sculpts?

I know what narrative sculpts are, that's not the problem.

But the new expansions seem to come with narrative sculpts only while the old ones came with armor kits.

My OCD's just don't like things to be mixed up.
I need consistency.

I would rather have all the minis being dynamic narrative sculpts.
And if it's not possible, I would like to have everything as armor kits.

Moreover, the reason I'm going all in, even though I already have it all is that I wanted to magnetize all the minis this time.

But I don't see the point in this if the new expansions don't allow to customize the weapons.
If it's not possible, i'd better stay with my current static armor kits

So, I would really want to know, once and for all, what's the plan here.

Thanks.

i prefer the narrative sculpts because it leaves space for more stuff to come with the expansion.

for example the screaming god comes with..
1 screaming god model
4 narative sculpts
2 illuminated sculpts
1 parastie queen

thats 8 models and im fairly sure that is possible due to the narrative sculpts taking up less space on the sprues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Merethif
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Starting survivors from core game were always narrative sculpts so you never had really all-armour-kits game. Unless you've replaced starting survivors with ones made with unarmed armour kit of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
merethif wrote:
Starting survivors from core game were always narrative sculpts so you never had really all-armour-kits game. Unless you've replaced starting survivors with ones made with unarmed armour kit of course.

So yes, you really had an all-amour kit game then.
That "unless" of yours makes the whole difference ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Delinck
United States
Hobart
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Feeth wrote:
tbh I just build my survivors as 'rule of cool'

Yep, my survivors are built to look awesome, not necessarily reflect possible game conditions.

Dual wielding a pair of giant two-handed swords like a boss? Damn straight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marko Parviainen
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmb
I've already built about 30 villagers in various gear equipped using the armour kits and some pin-ups mixed in (with weapon changes). The intimacy couple also got new weapons and joined the villagers.

I welcome the narrative poses to mix into the village mob. Gives me more choise of figures to match what ever gear my hunting party happens to posess.

Since I have already mixed special figures, pin-ups and armour kit figures together, the narrative figures will blend right in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColHammer wrote:

I welcome the narrative poses to mix into the village mob. Gives me more choise of figures to match what ever gear my hunting party happens to posess.

My thoughts exactly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sammy
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gorkel wrote:

i prefer the narrative sculpts because it leaves space for more stuff to come with the expansion.

for example the screaming god comes with..
1 screaming god model
4 narative sculpts
2 illuminated sculpts
1 parastie queen

thats 8 models and im fairly sure that is possible due to the narrative sculpts taking up less space on the sprues.

Hmmm, if that is the case I am more than happy with the narrative sculpts. We are still getting armour sets, so if leaving the out of the initial set gives us more of the monopose minis...that is awesome. More minis overall!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Cargill
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
One die to roll them all
badge
One die to roll them all
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like the narrative sculpts! For me they are much more appealing than the 'built-it-yourself' armor sets... Plus they are unique which means as a solo gamer it makes it easier for me to tell who is who laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.