Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Colgan
Australia
Perth
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm new to this system and am nutting out the Almeida scenario. Re cav charges, if multiple units charge the same hex, do they add their attack values together? And this applies whether the attackers are stacked together or in separate hexes?

The example in the manual only has a single unit attacking, and I can't seem to find any clear ruling that addresses this situation. The shock rules are very specific on being able to combine values, but I can't find any such reference in the charge rules.

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olivier Ramaille
France
Meaux
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Die roll modifiers are cumulative, i.e. one per type, never per counter. So if multiple light cavalry charges either stacked or not, the modifier is always +1. However you add the strength of each unit participating in the shock infantry and cavalry alike, only when all attackers are adjacent to one another. If not, you have to choose the side that attacks as only one attack is allowed per activation on a defender.
When you have both a light and a heavy cavalry that charge, only one modifier is applied : here +3 for charge with heavy cavalry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Colgan
Australia
Perth
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Olivier - that is very clear to me. Appreciate you taking the time to provide this helpful answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.