Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Cheng
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there, I'm looking for 2 sets of recommendations:

1) I tend to play with few game groups, one of which are large groups of 6+ players who are typically non-gamers (or at least, only are willing to play light games). We have usually brought along Avalon, 6 nimmt, and occasionally 7 Wonders. Are there any other games for that player count that people would recommend?

2) My fiancee and I will be doing a lot of travelling next year, so we're looking for a few, small portable 2 player games that can fit into our hand luggage, able to be played on planes, small hotel tables, etc.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Hansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For two players i Will say

Hive Pocket

Qwirkle (travle edition)

My girlfriend and me enjoy Hive (we Got all 3 expantions)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Barton
England
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ProdigyM wrote:
My fiancee and I will be doing a lot of travelling next year, so we're looking for a few, small portable 2 player games that can fit into our hand luggage, able to be played on planes, small hotel tables, etc.

How about Star Realms, Love Letter, oddball Äeronauts, The Duke, Zombie Dice, and on the (ever so slightly) larger side, Forbidden Island/Forbidden Desert?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T J
Netherlands
flag msg tools
I suggest Unnamed Object, can handle more then 6 players, and Cockroach Poker which plays up to 6.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Eldard
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ProdigyM wrote:
2) My fiancee and I will be doing a lot of travelling next year, so we're looking for a few, small portable 2 player games that can fit into our hand luggage, able to be played on planes, small hotel tables, etc.

You may find some games to your liking in this geeklist we made . . .

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/206691/you-and-me-and-cof...

I should note that Hive Pocket fits in a pouch, and Travel Blokus is perfect for airline travel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Cheng
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dummiz wrote:
For two players i Will say

Hive Pocket

Qwirkle (travle edition)

My girlfriend and me enjoy Hive (we Got all 3 expantions)

Will take a look, thanks!

digital_pariah wrote:
ProdigyM wrote:
My fiancee and I will be doing a lot of travelling next year, so we're looking for a few, small portable 2 player games that can fit into our hand luggage, able to be played on planes, small hotel tables, etc.

How about Star Realms, Love Letter, oddball Äeronauts, The Duke, Zombie Dice, and on the (ever so slightly) larger side, Forbidden Island/Forbidden Desert?

We used to own Star Realms but we since sold it, didn't play it as much as we would have liked. Love Letter fell really flat for us, we were a bit indifferent about the Duke but we can take a second look. We'll look at the rest though!

Tjerr wrote:
I suggest Unnamed Object, can handle more then 6 players, and Cockroach Poker which plays up to 6.

Will take a look, thanks! Like the concept of Incan Gold.

Eldard wrote:
ProdigyM wrote:

You may find some games to your liking in this geeklist we made . . .

I should note that Hive Pocket fits in a pouch, and Travel Blokus is perfect for airline travel.

Appreciate the list, thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carmen
New Zealand
Whangarei
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Portable games. I normally have 2 of any of the below in my handbag at all times.

Often:

Tiny Epic Galaxies

Star Fluxx or other Fluxx

Fungi

Port Royal

Tuareg

Captain Carcass or Dead Man's Draw

Odin's Ravens

Sushi Go

plus a few already mentioned

Sometimes:

Council of Verona

Exploding Kittens

Elevenses

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D A
United States
Flemingsburg
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Peloponnes plays up to 8 with expansions.
Akrotiri has a lot of 2 player goodness in that smallish box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
San Juan and Mottainai are card games that are good with two players that take up little space in your luggage if you put the needed components in a bag. San Juan is cards, some small market tiles and a score pad. Mottainai is cards and player mats. Both games have rulebooks but you could consider downloading the rules to a device you carry with you.

I don't know if either game is playable on the tiny trays you have on an airplane, but both would be fine on a reasonable-size hotel table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inkie Pinkie
msg tools
Hi,

For 6 players:
Libertalia
Ticket to ride asia
Codenames
Lords of waterdeep with expansion for 6 players
Colt express

For 2 players:
Lost cities
Al cabone
Agricola all creatures big and small
Zeus and hera
Innovation
Star realms

Have fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Leblanc
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
How are there this many replies and no one has said Jaipur?

Elder Sign is also good I've actually been able to break down the game into one of the expansion boxes if you don't include the clock which is essentially just a round tracker anyways.

Chronicle is a fun little trick taking game for 3-5 so as a group game it could work and it's very compact (you could probably use other tokens from another game to do double duty and then it's just a pair of decks totaling about 50 cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Valentine
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
For six players you want low or no downtime. The Resistance and Revolution! are examples. The Resistance has more expansions than Avalon, I believe. I am eager to try Crimson Creek and Codenames for six players. Get Bit!, Coup, and Zombie in my Pocket all have low downtime. I think Dark Dealings is another drafting game if you are looking to try a new one.

Onirim (second edition) has a small footprint for two, and the first edition is super portable, albeit with fewer expansions. Button Shy Games makes a lot of two-player and solo games in microgame wallet format like Cunning Folk. You could carry a ton of those.

I also liked two other portable, two-player games: Burgoo and Coin Age.

Lee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Barton
England
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hudarklord wrote:
I also liked two other portable, two-player games: Burgoo and Coin Age.

How could I forget Coin Age?!? It's in my wallet
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.