Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Sandman
Germany
flag msg tools
Proposals:

Round "rewards":
-2vp per dwelling build in this round
+3vp per "technology advancement" upgraded in this round (dig/ship upgrade)

End of round bonuses:
+1vp per 4 steps on any cult track (=the sum of all of your steps)
+1pw per pw in your pw-circle
"Score" every cult individually: 1st: 3vp+1w 2nd: 2vp+1C 3rd: 1vp+1pw 4th: nothing (ties get the reward of the next lower place) .. This one maybe too much^^

Someone else has any fun ideas that in comparison to mine ideally make sense to pair up with each other?

I think we need a new one as the TE tile is widely considered as a natural inclusion to every game and even tiny adjustments as These breathe some fresh air into this wonderful game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I already proposed negative round tiles here.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1654179/resources-and-disas...

I need one more player to try it on snellman.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
I paid 100 Geek Gold so that you can read this! :-)
mbmbmbmbmb
New Scoring Tile

Some sound familiar...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Sandman
Germany
flag msg tools
JamesWolfpacker wrote:
I already proposed negative round tiles here.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1654179/resources-and-disas...

I need one more player to try it on snellman.

Have not looked into this quite long thread yet to be straightforward^^

I do not think that it creates more interesting choices throughtout the game if you have a specific round that has negative points for TE (exclude 1st round)or SH/SA for example

In these situations you just delay your decision to build those whereas a positive effect generally motivates you to plan ahead how to time those buildings for round x.

Negative points for dwellings on the other hand (and to a much lesser extent for TP and Spades maybe) may have a bigger impact on your actual strategy (while not taking away so much from their positive counterparts influence on general strategy) as they are just THAT important for your whole gameplan so that you do not like to restrict them in any round..

What i want to say (dont know if i was clear enough) is that i think only a round with negative points for dwellings would enrich the game a lot from a strategy point of view, at least this is how i imagine it to be!

Whereas some rounds with negative vps for other buildings would take away the strategic contribution that the positive rounds offer while not adding that much of a decision space at the same time
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Space Trucker
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My experience is that negative points don't feel as nice as positive rewards (less like "building stuff up", Euro gamers usually like this feeling). It gets more likely that players sit on their resources and have nothing useful left to do (e.g. negativ points on dwellings in last round).

Victory points on tech sounds interesting - being able to get them once or twice would strengthen some strategies and give more incentive to advance tech.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I never thought they'd be nice... they are strategic and not everything in life comes up roses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.