Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zach Mckinney
United States
Willington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
Last night I was able to play a game with six and here are my thoughts after one play.

Higher player the better, it allows for the traitor to hide, easier, it give more options for wheeling and dealing and overall more interactions.

The corp contracts while balanced most be considered at all times and you should not guarantee yourself from getting points from them, mine was removing outage tokens and in our game only 4 appeared, so good to remember, not a guarantee to score.

The emergency cards are very valuable and always give you the option to counter if you are the first to counter or something to propose and they don't go away they only flip if won.

The assets are for the most part very powerful so you can't just let someone get all of them.

The art of the deal, this is where the game shines, the results of a deal not only can effect who gets the assets, but the board set, credits, paying off demand, and investment cards so while they are only two actions proposed they can effect the players in different ways and cause them to vote differently based on what they value.

Cooppetition nature of the game works well getting assets and credits helps you, but not keeping the city clean produces massive threat and makes it hard to accomplish goals so it works well.

Our traitor who won was obvious but only from his consistent claiming of others being the traitor and calming that he wasnt, if you are sly you sit back and still win while helping others.

The event cards are threatening but not crushing in terms of punsihment.

The BSG comparison, this game is not BSG 2, however they are very close friends. The color types and how you draw cards is just like BSG and the cards can be used as an action or for crisis/voting, like BSG it may not be your turn but you are still involved with the outcome, and there is a traitor and while you cannot brig them you can keep them from making deals and or getting capital.

Current rating 8/10 for tight involved game play, interesting take on coop/competition game, good art, great components, good use of setting, it has a theme and it makes sense within the theme why things do certain things but it's not a thematic game, effective traitor, and a fantastic wheeling and dealing game play, it is longish but you are involved for almost every turn of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kellen Feral
United States
Los Angeles - Mar Vista
California
flag msg tools
badge
One Eternal Round
mbmbmbmbmb
Great first thoughts. How long did your first game take?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias B├╝rger
Germany
Neustadt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for this review. How long did it take to play the game? I'm interested in trying out with my game group but I'm not sure yet if it fits our taste.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How many people won? What was the outcome?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Mckinney
United States
Willington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
The federalist won, so everyone else lost.

And I believe we started at 5 or 5:30 and we went to 8:45, with teaching and going right into playing, and only one quick rules question about illness coming up.

We played with 6.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Briggs
United States
Schenectady
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played a 6 player game last night and it took around 4 hours. The Federalist player won in either the last turn or second to last turn when the threat hit 25 and he had over 25 capital. The threat seemed to not be much of a factor the first half of the game. Or so we thought. The threat was around 4-5 after the first half, however he board starting piling up on outages, crime units, and illness tokens. I played as Jinteki and was trying to convince the people at the table to get rid of these illness(and deepen my pockets with capital in the process) but alas to no avail. Overall fun game and look forward to playing it again. Curious on how it plays with 4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Best
United States
Brandon
FL
flag msg tools
Game is giving me an Archipelago vibe...Anyone that can comment on if they're a lot alike?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Mckinney
United States
Willington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
I have not played Archipelago
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sesta
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
McCrank wrote:
Game is giving me an Archipelago vibe...Anyone that can comment on if they're a lot alike?

I also played a 6p game yesterday and while the game borrowa ideas from a number of games (BSG, Dead of Winter, Archipelago) it really doesn't play like any of them. I found it to be a wholely unique experience and quite the refreshing. we had a great time playing it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Shelton

Charlotte
North Carolina
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also played in this game - a session post from me has been submitted and is just pending review

thanks for playing, Zach!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.