Bayonets & Tomahawks» Forums » News

Subject: Vassal module coming soon! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marc Rodrigue
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
Thanks to developer Barry Setser's tireless efforts, B&T's Vassal module is nearing completion. It will be available for play testers late Dec/early Jan.

More info on Barry's work here :

http://www.insidegmt.com/?p=14285

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Setser
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Developer - "Bayonets & Tomahawks" and "Imperial Struggle"
mbmbmbmbmb
Guess that means I'd best be subscribing to the BGG forum then. Will be rounding up 4 testers initially to work out any initial kinks, and then open it up shortly afterwards. Most likely right after the holidays at this point
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Mirror
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bsets wrote:
Guess that means I'd best be subscribing to the BGG forum then. Will be rounding up 4 testers initially to work out any initial kinks, and then open it up shortly afterwards. Most likely right after the holidays at this point

Would be happy to do some play testing whenever the time comes. Already on the P500.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Rodrigue
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mirror33 wrote:
Would be happy to do some play testing whenever the time comes. Already on the P500.

Thanks! We're currently busy catching up on edits to supply up to date playtest rules with Vassal. I will be at Niagara Boardgame Convention next week (Jan. 19th) with the upgraded physical demo. These changes will then be integrated in the presently up and running Vassal module meaning we're looking at playtests starting in late Jan.-early Feb.

Marc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Mirror
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrodrigue wrote:
mirror33 wrote:

Thanks! We're currently busy catching up on edits to supply up to date playtest rules with Vassal. I will be at Niagara Boardgame Convention next week (Jan. 19th) with the upgraded physical demo. These changes will then be integrated in the presently up and running Vassal module meaning we're looking at playtests starting in late Jan.-early Feb.

Marc

Hey Marc,

Just following up on this. Still looking for Vassal play testers?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Rodrigue
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mirror33 wrote:

Hey Marc,

Just following up on this. Still looking for Vassal play testers?

Thanks

Yes, thank you for offering!

We're in the very last stages of Vassal corrections: I'm rendering all the corrected counters tomorrow, then a last pass at the rules manual to make sure it is "understandable".

We will be one, maybe 2 weeks late (mid-February). Almost there!

Cheers

Marc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
Is playtesting only on Vassal? OR would you make a Print n' Play available? I can visualize a game better when I'm playing with a physical copy.

(Either way I'd like to help out.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Rodrigue
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
patton55 wrote:
Is playtesting only on Vassal? OR would you make a Print n' Play available? I can visualize a game better when I'm playing with a physical copy.

(Either way I'd like to help out.)

Thanks Gordon! A print and play is definitely doable. I had one of a previous version. Could be updated.

I'll be in touch :-)

Marc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Breen
United Kingdom
LONDON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi I'm keen to become a playtester for this game. Are you looking for playtesters? How do I sign up?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Rodrigue
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
meivin wrote:
Hi I'm keen to become a playtester for this game. Are you looking for playtesters? How do I sign up?

Hi Vincent and thanks!
(I answered in Consimworld as well) Best is to contact Barry Setser, B&T's developer. he's coordinating playtests. I sent him your name and email.

Cheers

Marc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Rodrigue
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
To those who patiently wait for the Vassal module:
I have stopped advertising a Vassal release date because each time the Vassal is about to be finished, I'm back from a convention with game improvements that are too good to ignore :-)

This has been going on since January and I am very thankful of B&T's developer Barry Setser's dedication in perpetually modifying the Vassal module.

The latest proto of B&T will be at WBC from July 27th to 30th.

Best

Marc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Setser
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the Vassal module is again near completion. Should be able to finish things this week barring real life hiccups and interruptions. Got real close last night, but finally had to pull the plug at 11pm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Setser
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Putting the current version of the Vassal module through some testing. Could release it this weekend, but will wait until after WBC at this point since want to make sure it's in line with what Marc wants before pushing something forward
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.