Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Dotzenrod
United States
Novi
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also creating a post on lost cities, but am trying to get as much feedback as possible.

Is Lost Cities or Rise of Rome better for co op play?

Co op is my first priority of game mode, then solo, then PvP.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fortheloveofdice
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am interested to know this too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Pleasant Hill
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hard to say. I think they are both very good for that. However, I think Lost Cities might be slightly better for coop since you don't have to worry about rolling the AI dice for the Titan. With that said, you have a similar thing in LC with moving the boss and criminals/beasts. Definitely RoR is the best for solo. So it's hard to say for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Wielgus
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FWIW - we don't think there's a wrong answer to this question (other than Origins obviously, which isn't designed with coop in mind). Lost Cities has 3 cities to play (as opposed to 2 in RoR), making it a bit more versatile in terms of unit choices. RoR plays a bit faster. Matter of preference honestly :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Carlson
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Dotzenrod
United States
Novi
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking at the rules, it seems the AI for Rise of Rome is a little more dynamic, mainly because of the fact the Titan's have their own sheets.

In that case, I would think Rise of Rome would be the better choice for a co op/solo experience, but there definitely does not seem to be a consensus on this from those who have actually played the games.

Curious to why that is/what still makes Lost Cities a comparable co op experience to Titans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos D
Taiwan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very good question. I was planning on asking the same thing. Can some one who has played all three games elaborate on this ?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.