GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,067 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Cyclades» Forums » Rules

Subject: Titans 'Free Positioning' set up questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hugues
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Hello everyone! We tried Titan last week, it was awesome.

Now I just have some questions on the initial set up sequence, namely the 'preliminary round of bidding'.

We are 4 players...
- Everyone starts with 7 GP
- 4 Gods will be set up on the Offerings board -> 3 Gods + Apollo, e.g.
1-Zeus
2-Athena
3-Ares
4-Apollo
- We now do an auction bidding (picking randomly the first bidder)
- Once the bidding is ended, we pay our offerings as planned
- The player that won the first God (e.g. Zeus) now gets 2 Troops 2 Fleets 1 Temple 1 Priest and place them. Once it's done, "he places his offering marker on the last available slot determining the order of play for next round".
- The other players do likewise in the proper order
- Then "Apollo will go last" (and therefore will get to bid first next 'cycle/round')
- Now the rules say: "The real adventure can start now! The first mythological creature appears"

That would mean that the 'first regular cycle' now starts, i.e. the 'game starts'? i.e.
- We reveal the 1st creature
- We shuffle the Gods anew (including the gods we picked during the 'preliminary round of bidding') and dispose them on the Offerings board
- We skip the income phase (no income, clearly stated)
- We do the offering (with whatever money we have left)
- We play our actions

Thanks for confirming this is ok!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugues
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
More info: the way we played our first game is we did the "preliminary round of bidding" and then started to play right away with these gods themselves! (in the example above 1-Zeus, 2-Athena, 3-Ares, 4-Apollo) and we didn't reshuffle the gods nor did another round of bidding (with whatever money we had left from the "preliminary round of bidding"). So I think we played wrongly, for in effect we got twice the god bonus (i.e. the Zeus guy got his free priest and free temple, then got another free priest when the game started + an option to buy a new temple)

Yup that must be wrong... Thanks again for confirming!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Jackie McLean - Let Freedom Ring
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the answer, but will point out that Cyclades: Titans has its own dedicated rules forum here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugues
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Wow thanks! I just posted there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.