Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing the Historical Scenario right hand against the left. I tend to play conservatively to preserve my order of battle. Since I am both sides, well... You get the idea.

Russians set up their power units at the very front. I would not do this in a subsequent play.

Turn 1: Swedes aggressively attack the first two redoubts but they hold firm.

Turn 2: Swedes overrun the first redoubt, weaken the second, and force the left flank.

Turn 3: The second redoubts falls to the Swedes but a Russian counterattack collapses the Swedes left flank.

Turn 4: The Swedes pause to restore their left flank. Casualties are mounting for the Swedes.

Turn 5: The Swedes stabilize their line at the redoubts by taking one of the redoubts under construction and their cavalry flanking maneuver on the far left is being met by Russian infantry.

Turn 6: The Swedes renew their assault in an attempt to take a third redoubt.

Turn 7: The third redoubt falls and the Swedes are able to contract their lines. Russian infantry push the Swedish cavalry on the far left back to the stream.

Turn 8: The Swedes push hard and weaken the fourth redoubt while the Russians attempt to collapse the Swedish left flank.

Turn 9: The Swedes take the fourth redoubt but the now the full pressure of the powerful Russian infantry is upon them.

Turn 10: The Swedes circle their forces around the 4 hard fought for redoubts. The Russian morale begins to falter as they make one last push to crush the Swedish invaders.

Turn 11 (Swedish): The Swedes rally their remaining forces around the 4 redoubts.

Turn 11 (Russian): With one mad rush at the Swedish line the demoralized Russian army forces enough casualties to demoralize the Swedish army.

The Swedes manage to hang on to win this one with both armies demoralized earning a Marginal Victory.

Casualties were heavy on both sides of the battlefield.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.