15 Posts

Conan» Forums » Rules

Subject: Just played Infernal Pursuit Part 1, some questions. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
K Swiss
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played our first game of Infernal Pursuit Part 1 (OL got trashed with little difficulty) and we had some questions about some things that were not clear in the rules/scenario.

The scenario begins with:
5 green base pirates
5 blue base pirates
1 red base mutineering pirate

What is the source of the mutineering pirates? The "With Me!" action says "place one mutineering pirate in Conan's area". I would assume and we played with the rules that these models come from the currently alive OL controlled pirates (to simulate the OL's units actually mutinying). So we just swapped the blue/green bases with red ones.

This led to the question are defeated mutineering pirates available for reinforcement by the OL? e.g. the heroes convert the 5 blue base pirates and now there are 5 OL controlled green base pirate and 6 hero controlled red base mutineering pirates (couldn't happen, but just for sake of example). When the overlord kills these hero controlled mutineering pirates can he use their models to reinforce the now face down blue base pirates?

And can you activate the "Turncoat" event if there are no pirates that have been defeated? The "Turncoat" event says "the Overlord replaces a mutineering pirate model on the board with a pirate model from off the board". Do these "pirate models from off the board" come from the box or come from defeated pirates?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K. Hansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
By Crom !
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the source of the mutineering pirates?
A separate reserve. (of up to 5 pirates in total and max 5 on the board at any time.) You do not swap bases.
This is from the french rules...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Swiss
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well that would have given the OL a bit more of a fighting chance.

Does the french rule book offer clarification of the "Turncoat" event?
If all 10 of the overlords original pirates are still alive does the event have no effect?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Delgado
United States
Downey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I asked these questions on monolithedition, but they haven't been moderated/ answered yet?

infernal pursuit I

-about "with me!"
during setup, do we simply set-aside 4 extra pirate models for the
heroes "mustering pirates"?
my conclusion: yes, (it makes most sense, rather then
crippling the overlord player)

-about "navigation"
with 2 heroes, its possible to move the "turn marker" twice
in one turn?
my conclusion: yes (scenario is pretty vague)

infernal pursuit II

-who goes first? who starts the scenario?
my conclusion: overlord? (why? no idea?**
infernal pursuit I usually ends on the heroes turn so?)

-do we reset the turn marker?
my conclusion: yes (how can a scenario start so
so close to the end)

-during setup, do we simply "add" 2 more archers bringing the total
amount of archers to 4?
(or are the 2 archers in question the
same archers from infernal pursuit I?
my conclusion: yes (+2 makes more sense [backup])

-can the heroes still "muster pirates"?
my conclusion: ??? (im guessing no?)

-can the overlord still perform "rouge wave" or "turncoat"?
my conclusion: ??? (im guessing no?)

sorry I couldn't answer questions other then posting more?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K. Hansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
By Crom !
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll try to answer the questions here:

First of all, in general, the special rules from Part 1 are only for Part 1. And Special rules for Part 2 are only for Part 2. The one exception being that any surviving mutineering pirates from Part 1 still function as Allies in Part 2.

Regarding "Turncoat Event" the following should be added: if possible

infernal pursuit I

-about "with me!"
during setup, do we simply set-aside 4 extra pirate models for the
heroes "mustering pirates"? Yes
my conclusion: yes, (it makes most sense, rather then
crippling the overlord player) right !

-about "navigation"
in one turn? Yes, clarification: 1/round/zone/figure
my conclusion: yes (scenario is pretty vague)

infernal pursuit II

From another previous thread relating to this subject:

Does part 2 activate immediately after the heroes move the turn track to 6? Yes

If so, is it still the heroes turn? Yes

Does the turn track now reset to zero to represent ship damage track? Yes

Does everything else stay in place from part 1 i.e. gems, damage, etc.? Yes

Continuation...:

-during setup, do we simply "add" 2 more archers bringing the total
amount of archers to 4? (or are the 2 archers in question the
same archers from infernal pursuit I?
my conclusion: yes (+2 makes more sense [backup]) Place 2 archers as indicated on the map. That's it, you only have those two for Part 2.

-can the heroes still "muster pirates"?
my conclusion: ??? (im guessing no?) No

-can the overlord still perform "rouge wave" or "turncoat"?
my conclusion: ??? (im guessing no?) No

For more on the Scenarios: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1652548/list-scenario-trans...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Smith
United Kingdom
Gillingham
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's generally a good bet that if an answer raises more questions, then is wrong and look for another.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deena Pilgrim
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In this scenario, you prepare 15 pirates:
5 green base
5 blue base
5 red base

This is the max number of pirates available of each color for the whole game. You never have to swap base. At the beginning of the game, 4 red pirates are put on the side.
When the "With Me!" action is use, you may pick up some pirates from this stock. If pirates are killed, they go back to the stock and can be recruited again.

The OL have access to the 5 blue + 5 green pirates; If they are killed, they go to the side, and can be used foor reinforcements with the event tiles.

And can you activate the "Turncoat" event if there are no pirates that have been defeated?
-> yes, but it would only result in -1 red pirates, since there are no blue/green pirates available.

-about "navigation"
in one turn? Yes, clarification: 1/round/zone/figure
yes, if each hero uses a different map spot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K. Hansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
By Crom !
mbmbmbmbmb
Major Mishap wrote:
It's generally a good bet that if an answer raises more questions, then is wrong and look for another.

It's generally a good bet that this kind of comment isn't very helpful !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Peacock
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still wondering what the poop deck area is. The rear deck where the captain and crossbowmen start?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JaspeLoedm wrote:
I'm still wondering what the poop deck area is. The rear deck where the captain and crossbowmen start?

Not sure if you're joking, but if not, here's what Wikipedia has to say:

"In naval architecture, a poop deck is a deck that forms the roof of a cabin built in the rear, or "aft", part of the superstructure of a ship.

The name originates from the French word for stern, la poupe, from Latin puppis. Thus the poop deck is technically a stern deck, which in sailing ships was usually elevated as the roof of the stern or "after" cabin, also known as the "poop cabin". In sailing ships, with the helmsman at the stern, an elevated position was ideal for both navigation and observation of the crew and sails."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Braun
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
DancingFool wrote:
JaspeLoedm wrote:

"In naval architecture, a poop deck is a deck that forms the roof of a cabin built in the rear, or "aft", part of the superstructure of a ship.

The name originates from the French word for stern, la poupe, from Latin puppis. Thus the poop deck is technically a stern deck, which in sailing ships was usually elevated as the roof of the stern or "after" cabin, also known as the "poop cabin". In sailing ships, with the helmsman at the stern, an elevated position was ideal for both navigation and observation of the crew and sails."

I'm still not clear on which actual space(s) the rulebook is indicating, though. I'm guessing they are talking about the spaces that are furthest to the front and back of the boat. However, I could also see an argument for the circular spaces adjacent to those. What is your interpretation? How did you play it in your game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ebraun2013 wrote:
DancingFool wrote:
JaspeLoedm wrote:

I'm still not clear on which actual space(s) the rulebook is indicating, though. I'm guessing they are talking about the spaces that are furthest to the front and back of the boat. However, I could also see an argument for the circular spaces adjacent to those. What is your interpretation? How did you play it in your game?

The second paragraph makes it clear it's the back. I don't have Infernal Pursuit in front of me, but in Hunting the Tigress it's the space where Skuthus starts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
What are the stats of the red pirates the heroes can control? Would they take the red pirate tile and place it next to their hero sheets and use those stats? I've never played a game where the heroes control non hero units.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Zsolt
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you use the red pirate card stats.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cosmic Tavern wrote:
What are the stats of the red pirates the heroes can control? Would they take the red pirate tile and place it next to their hero sheets and use those stats? I've never played a game where the heroes control non hero units.

Read the section “Activating Allues” on page 22 in the Heroes’ Book, version 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.