Popular Tags: [View All]
Robb
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey Y'all,

Simple question here....

As a new player, can I just get two of the additional race decks or do I need to have the starter deck first?

goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davido
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The starter set has the 'dragons' that you fight over/lure to your side and the game rules (for all races). You *can* go the cheapa$$ route and use coins/pawns etc. and scrounge the rules off the FFG website etc. but yeah, you need the basic set first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The starter set isn't literally required. As davido noted, you can cobble together the parts other than the Hoax and Vulca deck. But I'm not sure why one would want to do that. At MSRP, assuming the Hoax and Vulca, sold seperately, would be $10, you're basically paying $5 for the instructions, board, and dragons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Germany
Hürth
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
I won an Games for Geekgold Lottery with 0.09% Chance of winning. You sure you wanna mess with me?
mbmbmbmbmb
davido wrote:
The starter set has the 'dragons' that you fight over/lure to your side and the game rules (for all races). You *can* go the cheapa$$ route and use coins/pawns etc. and scrounge the rules off the FFG website etc. but yeah, you need the basic set first.

And the BOARD!!

Which is kinda useless...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davido
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TermiGator wrote:
davido wrote:

And the BOARD!!

Which is kinda useless...

ala "Lost Cities"-that may be a title of a GeekList: "Useless boards in Knizia games"
[/hijack]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dumont Claude
Canada
Montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jpat wrote:
The starter set isn't literally required. As davido noted, you can cobble together the parts other than the Hoax and Vulca deck. But I'm not sure why one would want to do that. At MSRP, assuming the Hoax and Vulca, sold seperately, would be $10, you're basically paying $5 for the instructions, board, and dragons.

I dont think that the Hoax and Vulca can be bought seperatly, and as mentionned by Jpat, at 10$ a piece, the board and instruction will only cost you 5$ if you by the starters set. By experience, I can tell you that you will find that game quite dull if you have only two decks. The more deck you have the more fun the game will be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.