Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Bailey
United States
West valley
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am thinking about going to game crafter and ordering some of the red and blue solid cube dice and transferring all the stickers. Has anyone done this? or any thoughts on if heavier dice would add or subtract from this game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Seater
United States
Ashland
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
I help designers improve their games.
badge
Feed me...games...
mbmbmbmbmb
My first impression of the game was that the cubes were too light and felt cheap, and that heavier dice would be better. But after playing a few times, I have come to appreciate how the lightness adds to the dexterity skill element. Heavier dice, for better of for worse, might make for stronger defensive walls, shorter flicks, and sorer fingers.

But it certainly would improve the aesthetic to have heaftier dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James P. E. Reynolds
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hollow. Solid cubes tend to hurt after awhile, especially for little fingers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bailey
United States
West valley
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I got a few solid cubes and started messing around with them and I think I prefer them. They give a little weight in your hand and do not hurt to flick (after an hour and a half with my 7 year old who wanted to keep going). As for the strategy.... yes, they do take a but more to knock over, but they also weigh a bit more, so I find that to be a wash as long as you do not co-mingle heavy and light dice. Another up side to the "heavy" dice is they are made with a better quality. My stock dice had little rough imperfections that didn't quite come off smoothly. These spots would cause the dice to be a bit harder to control. I highly recommend the upgrade. It also makes it easier for you to get more dice and add custom pieces without buying a whole new game simply for the dice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rafael hernandez
msg tools
I am thinking of buying some blank dice to customize them. They are 7 grames each and 19 mm in size. Do you think they will be ok to play with them? I am not mixing them with the original dice so it will be heavy dice vs heavy dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bailey
United States
West valley
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think so, as long as you don't mix them. I prefer the heavier dice, and so does my 7yr old
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.