Brent Wilson
United States
Montgomery
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife noticed a "new" game store near her parents house -- Greenfire Games.

http://greenfiregames.net/

Anyone know anything about them?

Their website makes it look like they are only open on weekends noon - 10pm? Seriously?

They appear to support playing games in the store and the location would be convenient for that. Anyone done that? Are there regular groups and/or times that are boardgame-centric rather than CCG-centric?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Rietveld
United States
Zeeland
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Speedyox wrote:
My wife noticed a "new" game store near her parents house -- Greenfire Games.

http://greenfiregames.net/

Anyone know anything about them?

Their website makes it look like they are only open on weekends noon - 10pm? Seriously?

They appear to support playing games in the store and the location would be convenient for that. Anyone done that? Are there regular groups and/or times that are boardgame-centric rather than CCG-centric?

Thanks.

Maybe your weekend the other way, but for most of us Saturday comes before Sunday.
The hours are listed as Sunday through Saturday until 10 p.m...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Czerwonka
United States
Orland Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure where you are located, but Im in Orland Hills and there is also a gaming place, Gaming Goat, on 80th Ave and 167th st..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim M-L
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they have been opened since about the beginning of October.

It is a nice space with parking on the south side of the building. They have quite a few tables for games and a decent selection for a new shop.

I helped run a miniatures gaming day there, it went really well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Czerwonka
United States
Orland Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
which one did you run?

I see you like Infinity, theres one of them meets coming soon there. Have you gone to any of those?

We used to run Zombicide demos at AF in Frankfort.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim M-L
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I ran Song of Blades and Heroes. Other people were running other games, but the infinity guy couldn't make it that day. I saw he was running some games there more recently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.