Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith Sutyak
United States
College Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have a few rules questions, what do people think? Deluxe 2016 edition.

1.When you pass/are in the fair phase and you discard experts to gain fair points how many experts can you discard? Are you limited to using only one expert for each marking on the vintage tile or can you discard as many experts as you want?

2."The second vineyard in an estate never doubles any of the bonuses listed." The way I interpreted this rule is that you can't chain bonuses for regions with added wine values and fair points. Examples would be tras-os-montes, alentejo, and algarve. You can't, for instance, sell a wine from algarve with 3 vineyards and gain 3 additional value for your wine.

My question is do you still get bonuses for Douro, setubal, and ribetajo for your second vineyard in the same estate.

3.if you choose Douro as your initial vineyard do you get two Porto tiles? I know you can get either a wine for two or five, but if you choose a wine for two do you get the two Porto tiles? And if you chose a five quality wine do you get just a single Porto tile?

Vital I know you peruse these message boards, Please HeLPPP!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I answered this post in the General forum, reposting here:

Sutyak wrote:
I have a few rules questions, what do people think? Deluxe 2016 edition.

1.When you pass/are in the fair phase and you discard experts to gain fair points how many experts can you discard? Are you limited to using only one expert for each marking on the vintage tile or can you discard as many experts as you want?

1 expert per color (p.12)

Quote:
2."The second vineyard in an estate never doubles any of the bonuses listed." The way I interpreted this rule is that you can't chain bonuses for regions with added wine values and fair points. Examples would be tras-os-montes, alentejo, and algarve. You can't, for instance, sell a wine from algarve with 3 vineyards and gain 3 additional value for your wine.

Quick correction: you can have a max of 2 vineyards in an estate.

Quote:
My question is do you still get bonuses for Douro, setubal, and ribetajo for your second vineyard in the same estate.

Yes. For Douro you get your +3 tokens for every vineyard you build.

Quote:
3.if you choose Douro as your initial vineyard do you get two Porto tiles? I know you can get either a wine for two or five, but if you choose a wine for two do you get the two Porto tiles? And if you chose a five quality wine do you get just a single Porto tile?

Yes. I believe this is explained on the last page of the Reference book (not the rulebook).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, 2016 - Vinhos Deluxe, 2017 - Lisboa, 2018 - Escape Plan, CO2 Second Chance and Dragon Keepers - Maybe: 2019 - ROTW Portugal and On Mars, 2020 - Kanban Deluxe Edition
mbmbmbmbmb
You never get a bonus for the second vineyard. You get a bonus once per estate (everytime you place a disc on the portugal map). So you can only get 4/5 bonus the entire game.

With Douro you get a 2 wine and 3 porto tiles. If you want to make a 5 wine, add the spirit to the wine (discard the porto tile).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Sutyak
United States
College Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for the quick replies. Love this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
newrev wrote:
You never get a bonus for the second vineyard. You get a bonus once per estate (everytime you place a disc on the portugal map). So you can only get 4/5 bonus the entire game.

With Douro you get a 2 wine and 3 porto tiles. If you want to make a 5 wine, add the spirit to the wine (discard the porto tile).

Thanks for the correction!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My not too horrible video is pretty decent about teaching the game if that helps, posted here on the Geek.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Rucker

RANCHO SANTA MARGARITA
California
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Vital,

Love the game!

So for clarification, the only way to get all 4 farmers from the Ribatejo estate into play is if each vinyard from that region is part of its own unique estate?

In other words, if I buy both red and both white vinyards from Ribatejo, two of the four farmers that game (2010 reserve rules) will not be accessible by anyone?

Best,

-Austin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, 2016 - Vinhos Deluxe, 2017 - Lisboa, 2018 - Escape Plan, CO2 Second Chance and Dragon Keepers - Maybe: 2019 - ROTW Portugal and On Mars, 2020 - Kanban Deluxe Edition
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. That is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Rucker

RANCHO SANTA MARGARITA
California
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for clarification! (Looking forward to Lisboa release this year!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre P.
France
Strasbourg
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
newrev wrote:

I have just found a compendium of the rules which redirected me here.
I thought that the "you don't double your bonus" was for the +2 value/per cube, one free cave ... I hadn't realized it was for every region.
I guess last game there will be less teasing of people trying the "porto strategy".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.