Evolution» Forums » Rules

Subject: Intelligence and scavenger rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Edu Avalon
Guatemala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I use intelligence to negate the trait "scavenger", is this affecting also my own species with "scavenger"... even the intelligent one who is attacking?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
badge
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
Scavenger is a feeding trait (green), not a defence trait (white), so you cannot negate it with Intelligence.

Edit - wrong as usual! Ignore me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edu Avalon
Guatemala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But in the rulebook, when explaining intelligence, it is explicitly said that you can use intelligence to anulate scavenger trait..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a change they've decided on for future printings just to clean things up. For now, yes, it would negate your own species' Scavenger trait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
badge
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
Ach! I ALWAYS get rules queries wrong for this game!

However, the rule book does say very clearly that ALL copies of the trait card are nullified, so this will include any on your own animals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Beri
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think the "all copies" thing was mean to cover Warning call and from now on, we should start playing with the new rule that says that you can only negate a defensive trait that was most likely the original intention.

(How could I be so intelligent that I can’t even eat the bones and skin myself?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.