Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Fatal Alliances: The Great War» Forums » Rules

Subject: Offensive Point Cost rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jakub Kircun
United States
Woods Hole
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a little confused by the exact cost of offensive points. There two following rules are not very clear to me:

4.2.1 says you increase your offensive point total by 5 for every offensive chit that you receive as reinforcement.

18 says that each offensive point costs 1 built point (and 2 turns) to build.

Should 18 say that each offensive-chit is worth 1 built point, and would in turn into 5 offensive point once it comes off the reinforcement track? Or is each offensive point worth 1 built point, and the offensive chits are simply there as larger change (assuming you bought 5 or 10 of them at a time)?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Chit" was a poor word choice. Yes, each o-point costs 1 BP (and 2 turns). If you want to come up with markers or ways to keep track of the builds, no reason they should have to be built in increments of 5.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakub Kircun
United States
Woods Hole
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
Yes, each o-point costs 1 BP (and 2 turns).


Ouch! Very expensive indeed...

wifwendell wrote:
If you want to come up with markers or ways to keep track of the builds...


I'm working on a set of markers for a variety of game function (control, action-type, trade-deals, etc). I hope to share it in the file section in the future.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kubaman wrote:
wifwendell wrote:
Yes, each o-point costs 1 BP (and 2 turns).


Ouch! Very expensive indeed...


They are, but they're REALLY helpful.

kubaman wrote:
wifwendell wrote:
If you want to come up with markers or ways to keep track of the builds...


I'm working on a set of markers for a variety of game function (control, action-type, trade-deals, etc). I hope to share it in the file section in the future.


Cool!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.