Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Stephens
Australia
Ringwood
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played this a couple of times and I've noticed that the card thickness probably isn't the best for deck-builders. I don't usually sleeve my games, but I thought it best if I sleeve this game.

What sleeves should I get?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Paul
Iceland
Reykjavik
None
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/164572/item/4733392#item4...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought enough packs of FFG "grey" sleeves (my preferred thickness/style) when I purchased the game. As we opened each pack, we sleeved the new cards (face down) before using them.

Haven't looked back and totally worth it given hos much play the game is seeing.

The Dark Arts cards sleeves are penny style, because sadly no-one makes a premium that size (sadly).

The heroes/locations/villians didn't get sleeved. They really don't need it, though if I found sleeves I liked of that size, I'd probably do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikki Ebright
United States
Centennial
Colorado (CO)
flag msg tools
badge
New Avatar! So much Excite! Photo credit to Debbie Ohi, who is Awesome!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't sleeve much anymore, but I'm seriously thinking about sleeving these decks. Some of my cards came with some missing printing on the backs (like a tear or nick) in some corners so you can already tell some of the cards due to the missing color on the backs, and we're seeing some wear already on the starter decks (and we've only finished Year 3!)

So yes, I think sleeving these cards will be worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Stephens
Australia
Ringwood
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lil Red Head wrote:
I don't sleeve much anymore, but I'm seriously thinking about sleeving these decks. Some of my cards came with some missing printing on the backs (like a tear or nick) in some corners so you can already tell some of the cards due to the missing color on the backs, and we're seeing some wear already on the starter decks (and we've only finished Year 3!)

So yes, I think sleeving these cards will be worth it.

Same here, I think they cut corners slightly on production to keep the game within their target RRP.

The cards are thin, for most games this would not be an issue, but for a deck building game where the Hogwarts cards are constantly being handled and shuffled multiple times each game, it becomes an issue.

I can imagine that if they went up a level in card quality, with the amount of cards in the game, it could easily add an extra $10 (or even $20!) to the price tag. So I guess you just have to weigh up the risks of whether or not you risk having a higher price tag and lose buyers of your intended market, or have the price tag in your intended market bracket and risk annoying a minority of gamers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Osterholm

College Station
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How do you handle storage with these. Do they fit in the boxes still?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.