Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chad Taylor
United States
Darien
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that when you cast someone else's spell, all of the "you" and "your" affects apply to the person whose turn it is. I assume the spell gets discarded as it normally would (unless it says otherwise), but the instructions say to put it in "your" discard pile. I'm guessing it still goes into the card owner's discard pile, but I wanted to check.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abel Kim
United States
Flower Mound
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I am a Turtle.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah it goes to the owners discard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin 'qxc' Riley
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Bullwinkle wrote:
I know that when you cast someone else's spell, all of the "you" and "your" affects apply to the person whose turn it is. I assume the spell gets discarded as it normally would (unless it says otherwise), but the instructions say to put it in "your" discard pile. I'm guessing it still goes into the card owner's discard pile, but I wanted to check.

Indeed, it goes to the discard pile for whoever's breach it was prepped in. The 'you' is only the 'you' on the effects of the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Taylor
United States
Darien
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's as I figured. Thanks for the quick responses!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Helme
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What about abilities where the 'you' is implied? ex. 'Gain 1 (aether)'. Does the person whose turn it is gain 1 aether?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Little
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Crimson_Phoenix wrote:
What about abilities where the 'you' is implied? ex. 'Gain 1 (aether)'. Does the person whose turn it is gain 1 aether?

Yes. And excellent use of implied you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.