Subject: Quick Q about maturing priority rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Happy Wulf
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When maturing a vampire, do I move all cards on the track first and then mature it, or do I move the vampire off first, mature it, and then move the rest of the locations?

This will matters because the vampire that matures clears hideouts, and will clear more or less based on the decision.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Bocketti
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In order to mature a vampire it must slide off the board from the sixth space of the trail.

That happens when you put a new location on the first spot moving all other locations 1 spot to the right(toward the sixth space)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randal Divinski
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Right. Put another way, each card on the trail moves one space all-at-once, not one by one. So at the moment you are dealing with a mature effect, the whole trail has already moved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RIK FONTANA
United States
St. George
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Follow Up Question: So in other words, Dracula does NOT want to put NEW Vampires within THREE locations of each other. If he does, when the first one Matures, it will cause the loss of the second one who is either now on space 4, 5 or 6 of the Trail, and is lost to the Discard pile. Dracula wants at least THREE non-Vampires after a Maturing.... Correct? Or can it just be TWO locations between laid Vampires?

If three is the case, then some of the strategys I have been reading, where people drop several Vampires early and hope to mature them fast may not be valid or at least legal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
Rikolus wrote:
Follow Up Question: So in other words, Dracula does NOT want to put NEW Vampires within THREE locations of each other. If he does, when the first one Matures, it will cause the loss of the second one who is either now on space 4, 5 or 6 of the Trail, and is lost to the Discard pile.

Dracula wants at least THREE non-Vampires after a Maturing.... Correct? Or can it just be TWO locations between laid Vampires?

If he has a shortage of Vampire cards to place, yes. However note he might still wish to place them close to each other, because there is no guarantee the first will survive. If the hunters find it but only just in time, then it might benefit Dracula to have a backup Vampire, in the hopes the hunter assume he wouldn't do that and do not search the next 3 locations on the trail.

But in general, you are right. Unless he has Vampire cards to spare he probably won't want to see them getting cleared because the previous one matured. But as with most things there are exceptional circumstances.

Quote:
If three is the case, then some of the strategys I have been reading, where people drop several Vampires early and hope to mature them fast may not be valid or at least legal.

I haven't seen anyone suggesting this would be legal, I suspect it's more that by placing many Vampires there is a better chance to mature at least one of them, and/or defeat the hunters and get influence that way.

Vampires are valuable for maturing, but they are also probably the best way to damage and defeat ill-equipped hunters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RIK FONTANA
United States
St. George
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks David. I had read a strategy from a guy who started in Ireland, laid Vampire turn 1. There's only 2 citys there, but then he used Hide and one other card to kill time there and laid a second vampire on the third turn later with another vampire in the other city.

Anyway, at least I better understand the rule about maturing. So far, it seems Dracula has it tough. Perhaps it's just a situation that 'without experience' playing this game, the Hunters have it a little easier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randal Divinski
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rikolus wrote:
Follow Up Question: So in other words, Dracula does NOT want to put NEW Vampires within THREE locations of each other. If he does, when the first one Matures, it will cause the loss of the second one who is either now on space 4, 5 or 6 of the Trail, and is lost to the Discard pile. Dracula wants at least THREE non-Vampires after a Maturing.... Correct? Or can it just be TWO locations between laid Vampires?

Dracula will want THREE non-vampire spaces on the trail if he hopes to mature two placed Vampire encounters. The text reads: "clear this hideout [the vampire location that has matured, fallen off the trail) and the hideouts on the fourth, fifth, and sixth spaces of the trail."

Not necessarily 3 LOCATIONS, however. Some power cards (e.g. Feed, Hide) may take up a space on the trail without being a separate location.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.