Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dvonn Yinsh
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
An opponent controls a system with a hazard. He has his control node and a number of his ships in the system.

I fly in with my fleet to that system's adjacent sector. I initiate a space battle. I clear out all his ships. I get a free movement into the system.
Must all of my ships brave the hazard, before I can initiate an invasion action?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike zebrowski
United States
Unspecified
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Yes.

It is a regular move with a few limitations. It just doesn't exhaust a command.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tabula Zero
msg tools
candoo wrote:
An opponent controls a system with a hazard. He has his control node and a number of his ships in the system.

I fly in with my fleet to that system's adjacent sector. I initiate a space battle. I clear out all his ships. I get a free movement into the system.
Must all of my ships brave the hazard, before I can initiate an invasion action?

When you initiate the space battle: no as your ships have not yet moved in the system.

When you move your ship in the system as part of having won the battle (free impulse move): yes as you've entered the system.

Once you are in the system, you can initiate ground invasion: no.

If you retreat from the system or capture it and use it to generate ships if it happens to have a star base: no as hazard are only tested when you enter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.