Germany
Elxleben IK
Thüringen
flag msg tools
badge
Bazinga!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

We have just bought Scoville and played it yesterday for the first time. We enjoyed it a lot but there has been one thing really annoying me: the gameboard is quite warped! So much that our meeples could not stand in the middle of the board.

Anyone having this problem, too? Is there something I could do to flatten it? Or should I ask TMG for a replacement?

Marcel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
McLean
Virginia
flag msg tools
Mine didn't line up perfectly either. However, I wouldn't have called it warped. Many large cardboard parts are slightly curved when I get a new game. You should be able to very gently "bend" them back straight. Just grab two of the corners and kind of flex it. Worked for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Puffe
Germany
Elxleben IK
Thüringen
flag msg tools
badge
Bazinga!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, James. Maybe "warped" has been the wrong vocable but I am not a native speaker and "curved" would have been better. I will try to bend them a bit hoping not to post pics of a broken board soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Rudolph
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine are the same way. They don't sit flat in the middle and the meeples fall over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan DeBardeleben
United States
Los Alamos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would use the word warped. It's extremely obnoxious. We played this last night and it reminded me why I was so disappointed with the production. An absolutely beautiful game with this flaw is sad. Meeples constantly falling over and knocking around peppers - "where was this pepper?" "where was my farmer?" I'm looking at options to fix the board. Haven't found any yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Jenson
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine has absolutely no problems. You should try to get a replacement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.