Subject: Serbian corps SR in Belgrade possible before Salonika event? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Hendriksen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi,

a question from a newbie playing his first PBEM game.

Can a SB corps be SR'ed to Belgrade before the Salonika event has been played (or greek entry)? I have looked at some of the existing threads on SB SR and some seem to suggest no, but they are related at placing the SB corps in greek territories e.g. in Salonika.

14.2.3 says that SB units can use Salonika as a supply source if it is under Allied control. So you should be able to SR a corps to Belgrade if Salonika is under Allied control and a supply path can be traced. So the question seems to be whether Salonika is under Allied control at the beginning of the game for supply purposes or whether it only gets under Allied control after Greek entry and/or play of the Salonika event or ???. In the 2004 rules it is only specifically mentioned that the Kavella space is considered Allied Controlled at start. However, here they talk about SR'ing a unit into the Kavella space, i.e. a space in Greece.

I have noted that the Map's Terrain Key specify 'tan' areas as 'Allied Controlled at start' where Salonika is this colour. So following this, there is a valid supply source for SB units going from Salonika to Belgrade and you should thus be able to SR a SB corps there (unless of course the supply path to Belgrade is or has been obstructed by CP units).

A long rant, but I hope I can receive some insight into this ;-)

Thx !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McCoy
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Allies are always allowed to SR a Serbian corps from the reserve box to Belgrade. Well, unless doing so would violate the stacking rules, or if Belgrade is under CP control.

The reason this is the case is because Belgrade is both the capital of Serbia and the primary supply point for Serbia. Either of these would qualify it as a location that a corp may be SRed to. The rules for building and/or SRing Serbian units via Salonika do not affect this. To the best of my knowledge they supplement the normal rules on units but do not replace them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Like John says, Belgrade is itself a supply point for Serbian units and therefore as long is it is allied controlled you can SR a SB corps there. If there is already a Serbian unit there (like the Serbian 1st Army in the opening setup) you can always SR a corps onto a unit of the same nationality that is in supply so that provides a seperate justification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hendriksen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi John and Philip,

thanks to both of you for clearing that up :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Haseler
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The SR option into Belgrade is as they have said above.

In response to the other parts of the question: until the Salonika event is played, Salonika and Karvalla are neutral spaces (and Salonika is not a Supply Source for the Serbs).

If the Greece event is played, those two spaces become AP controlled (Edit: along with the rest of Greece), but the Salonika event is the only one that makes that port a Supply Source for Serbia and delivers BR/FR corps there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O. C.
Spain
flag msg tools
blablabla
badge
lololo
mbmbmbmbmb
Mollusc wrote:
If the Greece event is played, those two spaces become AP controlled (Edit: along with the rest of Greece), but the Salonika event is the only one that makes that port a Supply Source for Serbia and delivers BR/FR corps there.

Serbs can use Salonika as a supply source after "Salonika" or "Greek Entry" has been played. Just to note that "Greek Entry" doesn't require "Salonika".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.