Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Go
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
If you're having hull problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
badge
TauLeaderGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
This game is based on Zombie Dice which has 13 dice. The Batman version uses 10 dice. The distribution is just one less of each die with Zombie Dice as:

6 easy
4 medium
3 hard

whereas Batman: TAS is

5 easy
3 medium
2 hard

How do you think this changes the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Yi
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Having been gifted this game at Christmas, I'd say the big thing about 10 dice is you never roll more than 10 in a round. In Zombie Dice, you can keep rerolling past 13, but in this game, 10 is a hard stop. I think that makes the bigfer difference than just the number of dice. It also plays to 40 points and has specialcharacter powers. I think Zombie Dice is still my go-to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think because of the special abilities, the game is prone to higher scores than Zombie die, hence the higher game-ending score. My wife managed to roll all 10 dice as money bags and she was the Joker so scored a bonus 2. Theoretically, 13 is the maximum score as Catwoman gets +1 for each blue moneybag.

I really like it, it's a nice variation on Zombie Dice. Plus I'm sick of Zombie fiction, but always love Bats, so there's that. The only downside is that the character abilities mean max 4 players, whereas Zombie Dice is unlimited players. Plus finding enough tokens for the higher score limit is tricky. I've resorted to using a clicker app on my phone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gideon Stargrave
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
holdmykidney wrote:
The only downside is that the character abilities mean max 4 players...

You can play with 5 players if you get your hands on the Mr. Freeze Promo Card:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Duly
Canada
Langley
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Where oh where can I get those cards??!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gideon Stargrave
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
EvanDevan wrote:

I received one when I placed a recent order with Warehouse 23.

You can't buy it, but if you place an order and ask nicely in the comments, I bet they'd send you one [they're cool cats over at Warehouse 23].

Otherwise, eBay is probably your best bet. Here's one with only a few hours left to go:

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...gOKoAAOSw32lYq-W9

Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Duly
Canada
Langley
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EvanDevan wrote:

You can ask your local store for the promo. If they don't have it, please encourage them to join our store finder -- http://www.sjgames.com/gamerfinder/ -- and we'll contact them. We try to ship free promos to retailers who ask for support.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.