4 Posts

Hero Realms» Forums » Rules

Subject: Brief Cleric and Fighter questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam Ervin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know, I know, these aren't the expansion forums. I think this is a better avenue.

Cleric:

The text on Resurrect says "Put a champion from your discard pile into play. Use this ability only on a champion that was stunned since your last turn."

So this makes enough sense to me. I play a champion on my turn and pass. My opponent kills it with combat and passes. I cannot Resurrect it immediately -- I have to wait until my next turn.

How does this interact with purchasing champions?

Say I purchase a champion and put it into my discard pile and pass. My opponent passes. That champion has been in my discard pile since last turn, but I believe it was never Stunned -- it never dropped to 0 life or had a Stun effect apply to it. Am I correct?

Fighter:

The text on Throwing Axe says "[2 combat] + If playing this card would give you 7 or more combat this turn, draw a card."

I originally interpreted this as "if playing the Throwing Axe crosses the threshold of 7 combat (AKA you were at 5 or 6 combat and then you played Throwing Axe), then draw a card".

However, I think it also makes sense as "if you already have 5 or more combat when playing Throwing Axe, draw a card", which would cover the case where you have 7 combat, draw into the axe, and are allowed to draw again by playing it (and going to 7 or more combat).

We've been playing that Clerics cannot resurrect bought champions and that Fighters' axes always draw cards when above 7 combat. Any insight or confirmation?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simo Ahava
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Champions can be stunned by card effects ("Stun target champion") or by taking their health to 0. Those are the cases where Resurrect applies. Buying from the market is not the same as stunning a champion.

As for Throwing Axes, the key part is 7 or more. So if you have 5 or more attack power, you will get the benefit, as playing Throwing Axes will result in 7 or more attack power.

Simo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Ervin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Makes sense to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dániel Lányi
Hungary
Budapest
* -Not Applicable-
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
samervin wrote:

The text on Resurrect says "Put a champion from your discard pile into play. Use this ability only on a champion that was stunned since your last turn."

So this makes enough sense to me. I play a champion on my turn and pass. My opponent kills it with combat and passes. I cannot Resurrect it immediately -- I have to wait until my next turn.

Everything else seems to be answered so I'll concentrate on this part. Yes you can resurrect it immediately.
I'm not sure you mean the same thing I would when you say passing but passing ends your turn. So this means: You play a champion on your turn, do a bunch of other stuff, then end your turn (discard actions, items and cards left in your hand, draw back up to five cards). Your opponent does a bunch of stuff, one of them is stunning that champion. Your next turn starts, so that champion was stunned since your last turn.
If you somehow meant you can't use this ability on your opponents turn, you are right, but what you said didn't make it clear (at least for me)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.