United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
Mercury is my dog's name.
badge
I like hats.
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG just posted their preview article for the TIE Striker!

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/12/5/a-swift...

I think that's all the spoiled cards. We'll just have to wait until next week for the PS 3 and PS 4 generic pilots.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron D
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
Mercury is my dog's name.
badge
I like hats.
mbmbmbmbmb
This ship is going to have some crazy movement options.

All three named pilots look interesting and potentially viable.

Lightweight Frame will be popular on the TIE Shuttle.

Neat pack overall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Whitesell
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Swarm Leader does *not* have to have the highest PS.

Pure Sabacc w/ Swarm Leader, title, and LW Frame can be run along side a pair of Glaives packing Juke and x7 with a few points left over. The two x7's can fire, trigger Juke - and then Sabacc can spend their evades for extra dice. SL is also not an action so there could be further modification.

That's two shots of accurate token stripping, followed by a potentially massive burst shot from Sabacc - all on very maneuverable ships.

the triple 6 PS kind of hurts it now with Norras and Ketsus and Kath and even Dash running around again - but that sounds like a lot of fun. This is a great pack all around - the SF wants the lightweight frame too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Could also run a variant of some of those nasty Ryad lists:

Countess Ryad (35)
TIE Defender (34), Swarm Leader (3), TIE/x7 (-2)

The Inquisitor (30)
TIE Advanced Prototype (25), Juke (2), TIE/v1 (1), Autothrusters (2)

Colonel Vessery (35)
TIE Defender (35), Juke (2), TIE/x7 (-2)

And there are some great possibilities for Decimator lists, Rebel lists (Like Dash or Leebo with Finn and A-Wing Juke backup), etc. Scum has fewer evades but enough that there are viable lists in there too. Bossk Party Bus or Dengar with SwL and G1-A and/or Heavy Scyks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I've figured out Countdown...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dane P
United States
South Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
2 Agility dice, no shield, no boost.

It's a flying dead ship, like many Imperial pieces of junk. Fodder for S&V and TLTs.

Another terrible design that didn't need to be designed or released, continually pushing this game deeper into the realm of "I don't recommend getting started with it because you have to own everything to compete."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Steski
United States
Olympia
WA
flag msg tools
Vigilo Confido
badge
In the pipe, five by five...
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really liking HotCop Swarm Leader Decimator + 3 TIEs... 5 dice attack after stripping a focus could be pretty nasty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Cordeiro
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heliodorus04 wrote:

It can get a situational extra defense die and a free boost for a grand total of 2 points.

Heliodorus04 wrote:
It's a flying dead ship, like many Imperial pieces of junk. Fodder for S&V and TLTs.

I don't know, Duchess looks pretty good with adaptive ailerons, lightweight frame, and VI. That's a PS 10 ace with a free boost, 3 attack, 2/3 defense, and 4 hull. I'd spend 25 points on that.

Heliodorus04 wrote:
Another terrible design that didn't need to be designed or released, continually pushing this game deeper into the realm of "I don't recommend getting started with it because you have to own everything to compete."

It's the new TIE in a blockbuster movie coming out in a couple weeks. Of course FFG was going to release it. And you still don't have to own everything to enjoy the game. Not everyone is trying to win a premier-level tournament. And for those players that are, and see something of value in this ship, it's $15.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Heliodorus04 wrote:

With Lightweight Frame modification, they are 3 agility ships.
With Adaptive Ailerons they have Advanced Sensors Boost that doesnt use your action, so unless you bump, consider it like Push The Limit without the stress.

For 19 pts you have a 3 red dice, 3 green dice, 4 hull, with a nostress Push The Limit Advanced Sensors Boost integrated.

It is almost like adding to an Academy Pilot the following cards

- Punishing One (12 pts)
- Engine Upgrade (4 pts)
- Advanced Sensor (3 pts)
- Push The Limit (3 pts)
- Hull Upgrade (3 pts)

for only 7 pts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Heliodorus04 wrote:
Another terrible design that didn't need to be designed or released

I guess? I can think of quite a few uses for this ship in an Imperial build off the top of my head, even setting aside Swarm Leader.

Every last ship I've heard this complaint about is a ship I've had a blast playing. It's too bad X-Wing isn't giving you whatever it is you're looking for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Chadwick

Charlotte
North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think you want Tie Defenders with X7 giving up their free Evades. You have to have the target in your sights to give up your Evade, and then you don't have it for defense. I think the best option is something like a bunch of Tie Fighters. This way, they can give up their Evade to have someone else use the shots.

Vader w/ X1, Adv Targeting System, Swarm Tactics, and Engine Upgrade
Dark Curse
4 x Academy Pilots

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I think the idea with the Defenders is that they're Juking, so whatever they're shooting at is losing tokens and shields already, and then the Swarm Leader's boosted shot hopefully finishes off the target, so the evades aren't needed so much anymore. If you take a hit or two you could have avoided with evade tokens and wreck a whole ship in exchange, that's a fair trade, and the Defenders still have an action to focus with for defense with the title.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The more lists I put together the more I think Swarm Leader is a meta-changing card. It makes three-ship mini-swarms a force of their own, with the ace in the trio carrying Swarm Leader (for example, put it on Omega Leader for 4-5 attack dice against unmodifiable defense dice, or on Omega Ace for 4-5 guaranteed crits using his ability).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke DeWitt
United States
Highlands Ranch
CO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarcasmorator wrote:
The more lists I put together the more I think Swarm Leader is a meta-changing card. It makes three-ship mini-swarms a force of their own, with the ace in the trio carrying Swarm Leader (for example, put it on Omega Leader for 4-5 attack dice against unmodifiable defense dice, or on Omega Ace for 4-5 guaranteed crits using his ability).

Hmmm, I am seeing a trench, a feature on a very large space station, in this trench are 3 ties, where the leader of this mini swarm is picking off flights of snub fighters, one by one... Did I imagine this or has this happened before????
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.