Popular Tags: [View All]
Ed Sherman
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
If that line brings back memories of a cheesy commercial from the seventies, you remember Stay Alive.

Lately, I've been thinking about all the weird "big chunk of plastic" games we used to play when I was a kid. You know the ones: those Milton Bradley games that revolved around a big, gimmicky plastic board that required a huge box to store it in. Stay Alive is like that.

Anyway, this particular big plastic board was a grid with holes in it. There are sliders that also go across the grid that also have holes randomly placed in them too. If both sliders on a particular intersection have the holes line up, a marble would fall through. The marbles are the players' pawns. Get the picture? Each player is trying to "kill" the other players' marbles by moving the sliders one notch at a time until you can get them to fall through the holes. Since you don't see where the lower sliders' holes are, that makes it a little more guesswork.

This was a fun kids' game that we enjoyed quite a bit while we were young. A good game for kids, but the rating I gave it on BGG reflects the fact that I'm really not interested in playing it now. Stay Alive is one of those games that shows up in thrift stores quite a bit, so if you want to give it a try, you sure can. (There's also a republished "travel version" that I suppose you can play on the beach like the Stay Alive Kid did so many years ago...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.