Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
I am loving this game, i have gotta say. The feeling of sneaking around patrols and attempting to accomplish objectives is excellently presented. The "terrain" cards are an inspired design regarding simplicity and variability. The using of chits over minis...... amazing (and love the art design!). I really like what you've done with the game and think you have put out a new contender for "dungeon-crawler-ish cooperative games" category.

Two things irk me, though. Not enough to say that this game is anywhere near the trade pile (heavens no, i love it), but i figured a bit of open discussion is always healthy.

1) Visibility - When the alarm is going, a commando shoots their noisy weapon south into a tile (or is spotted), and then retreats to the small tile to the west and is now hidden. What do the germans do? Follow into the just vacated tile? Nay, they move south as per the event card (away from where the enemy was last seen!). Games like Burgle Bros and Zombicide both have the enemy change their march based on where the last activity was noticed; the way it's done here feels a bit gamey. Any comments?

2) Victory - simply put, nothing is more anticlimactic than commando 1 achieving objective 1, commando 2 achieving objective 2, and commando 3 then escaping theough a trap door. Game is won, no point in trying to get 1 and 2 out of there! Granted, only an issue on the last terrain of an operation but still..... seems gamey.

Your comments would be really appreciated!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Agreed. And not only that, but I do find it strange that it's possible to SHOOT at enemy and then immediately HIDE, not even drawing reaction fire from the enemy unless the enemy was on your current tile.

But what would the 'simple to understand' house rule be? Everybody moving towards the tile of the last-seen-commando? Might this open up avenues of abuse in some other way?

2) I don't mind this as much. I'd like to think that the rest simply move out as well. My experience with multiple plays by now is that usually escaping the map isn't that big of a problem anyway and it just drags out the end.

Respect to you though if you are able to finish a 3-commando-map objectives with just 2 commandos Have you tried other scenarios?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
thanks for your thoughts, Kristo!

regarding visibility, I don't have a suggestion. Thibaud clearly playtested this to death. I am sure this came up and he considered it, and had a good reason for not modifying the rule. I'd simply like to hear the reason
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not played enough to have a strong opinion but I thought of these two things and daydreamed up a solution for each.

1) When a shot is fired, place an orange visible token in the firing and target tiles and then give priority for movement to each - Resolve ties with a die roll.

2) Exit ALL Commandos.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
I have not played enough to have a strong opinion but I thought of these two things and daydreamed up a solution for each.

1) When a shot is fired, place an orange visible token in the firing and target tiles and then give priority for movement to each - Resolve ties with a die roll.

2) Exit ALL Commandos.


1 - I considered it, but it affects the chance of an eye being drawn from the bag. But it is true that eye would never be placed ON board, so doing that in this way is a good thing.

Should Eye tokens be placed back into the bag when drawn? I need to check the rulebook. But certainly should be when using this as a solution.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud de la Touanne
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I am really sorry, but I simply do not have enough time to participate to discussions about the game (here on BGG, but also on Tric Trac, Facebook and emails). I would really love to...

As you maybe know, I am the only guy working at Triton Noir, and I do tons of things myself. I do my best to come everyday on all the places asking questions about the gameplay to answer them, update the FAQ and correct files. It takes time, and I have many other things to do.

I hope you understand.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slashdoctor wrote:
martimer wrote:
I have not played enough to have a strong opinion but I thought of these two things and daydreamed up a solution for each.

1) When a shot is fired, place an orange visible token in the firing and target tiles and then give priority for movement to each - Resolve ties with a die roll.

2) Exit ALL Commandos.


1 - I considered it, but it affects the chance of an eye being drawn from the bag. But it is true that eye would never be placed ON board, so doing that in this way is a good thing.

Should Eye tokens be placed back into the bag when drawn? I need to check the rulebook. But certainly should be when using this as a solution.
I am still happy with the rules as written. If you really need more detail, I recommend that you dig up a copy of the TSR Sniper game and the Special Forces expansion.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
ThibaudMTL wrote:


As you maybe know, I am the only guy working at Triton Noir, and I do tons of things myself.


The only one? I think you should stop taking this lying down and fire the others, then!

Spoiler (click to reveal)
In all seriousness, after the FAQ stuff dies down, maybe you can revisit this and provoke some discussion? Never a bad thing for your game!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud de la Touanne
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I will certainly think about it and have discussions in the future!
It is not just the right moment.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.