Subject: Former Trump Opponents in Cabinet Positions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/05/politics/ben-carson-hud-secret...

Does anyone else see the ultimate hypocrisy of Trump chosing Ben Carson for HUD Secretary, or the heavy petting between Trump and Romney for Secretary of State?

What man with any self esteem and moral compass would take a job with Trump, after either being raked over the verbal coals by him, or dishing it out to him during a bitter campaign?!?!

Trump indicated he wanted to "drain the swamp". Are his picks indicative of that? To me, it simply smacks of the same old cronyism that has been around for generations. And so far, many of his picks have had little to no experience in dealing with the issues that their Cabinet position entails (i.e., Carson, and DeVos come to mind.)

Not that I had much resepct for Romney before, but I have now lost all respect for a guy, that eviscerates Trump on the campaign trail, speaking about how he has to vote No for his grandchildren, then months later, wines and dines with Trump like they are best buddies. At this point, I almost want to see the poor bastard embarassed, when Trump announces another pick for Secretary of State, and says "Sorry Mitt, our date was just a joke".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As someone who voted for Hillary, I would say that you could choose to view things as you have done, as a negative, but I actually see these developments as a potential positive. I see a guy in Trump who does not appear to be holding grudges and is actually seeking out team members who are likely predisposed to challenge his plans. A good leader (and I'm not saying Trump is one yet) wants to be surrounded by people who will challenge his viewpoints and suggest alternatives when they believe the boss is mistaken, rather than surrounding themselves with "yes-men" who will uncritically agree with anything the leader says, even when it's clearly a bad idea.

Of course, this could also be a case of employing the old Mafia credo of keeping friends close and enemies closer, like Obama did when he asked Hillary to be Sec of State, so there's that too...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
coal
shake Jeff Sessions as AG = outlaw 'weed', in order that: "Make the KLAN Greater Some More!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A man learns little by little in battle. Take this battle experience and become a man who can’t be beaten
badge
This flag says we will fight until only our bones are left.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not thrilled with his choices but if I have a choice between alt-right and other more highly questionable persons and bad but predictable Republicans I will go with bad but predictable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
To me, it shows a maturity in Trump that I didn't think existed. He seems to be willing to forgive and forget and also is not bringing in a parade of yes-men. I've been pleasantly surprised with that aspect of his cabinet picks thus far. Granted, he's got a low bar to get over IMO since I still think he's got a pretty good chance of being a disaster, but these choices so far speak well of how his Administration might function.

Or is it because these guys are the only names Trump knows?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
donald trump has always surrounded himself with sycophants - even though ben carson got attacked by trump he was very courteous and supportive in return so im not surprised he is awarded with a cabinet position (also i actually think hes a good choice for this position)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
To me, it shows a maturity in Trump that I didn't think existed. He seems to be willing to forgive and forget and also is not bringing in a parade of yes-men.

Ben Carson explicitly said back in May he only endorsed Trump because Trump promised him a cabinet position, which makes him the actual living definition of a yes-man
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
red black wrote:
He did say no to a cabinet position in novemeber.

more accurately, to a SPECIFIC cabinet position (HHS secretary)

apparently Carson knows enough that he knows he can't do the job of HHS secretary, but doesn't know enough that he can't do the job of HUD secretary either
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Russell
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
abadolato01 wrote:

What man with any self esteem and moral compass would take a job with Trump, after either being raked over the verbal coals by him, or dishing it out to him during a bitter campaign?!?!

How did you feel about Bernie endorsing Hillary after a fairly rancorous primary?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
Quote:
How did you feel about Bernie endorsing Hillary after a fairly rancorous primary?

Or Obama picking Clinton as Secretary of State?

In neither case did the parties in question personally insult each other on the level that Trump did, which was to call Carson a pathological liar and then compare him to a child molester
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
Child molester?

Clinton floated the cocaine dealer theory. Probably true, but it got no traction.

Child molester?

*sigh*

Donald Trump wrote:
It's in the book that he's got a pathological temper. That's a big problem because you don't cure that... as an example: child molesting. You don't cure these people. You don't cure a child molester. There's no cure for it. Pathological, there's no cure for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
You never cease to amaze me.

The kicker is: you don't even see it as a stretch.

do you understand what "compare" means
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.