Gallup
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Preorder Navajo Wars by GMT Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone,

I know some folks were asking if it was my intent to make a video version of the printed tutorial. YES, it is my intention to do so. I am hoping to have some within a week or so. Depends a good deal on the amount of time I have to dedicate to this effort.

If you just got the game I highly advise using the printed tutorial included in the playbook. I put a lot of work into this tutorial and I believe it successfully demonstrates all of the core processes and procedures in the game. It is a highly valuable way to learn the game and the beauty is that you can jump right into the game from the tutorial. It will walk you through what rules to read and then you get to push some pieces around. By the time it is finished you should understand the game well enough to continue on your own.

Enjoy!

-Joel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerit Driessen
Netherlands
Mierlo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is very good news. Of course I appreciate and will use the written tutorial too, but I found that I learn easier by watching a video.

So I am very happy that there will be video(s) as tutorials. I watched all your previous vids about the game and really enjoyed them. You are quite good at making them Joel.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

REALLY appreciate the inclusion of a written tutorial! A lot of people like videos, but I much prefer a written version. I can scan to find what I'm looking for much quicker than I can FF/RWD a video and hope to catch what I'm looking for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Hawkins
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
joel_m_toppen wrote:
Hey everyone,

I know some folks were asking if it was my intent to make a video version of the printed tutorial. YES, it is my intention to do so. I am hoping to have some within a week or so. Depends a good deal on the amount of time I have to dedicate to this effort.

If you just got the game I highly advise using the printed tutorial included in the playbook. I put a lot of work into this tutorial and I believe it successfully demonstrates all of the core processes and procedures in the game. It is a highly valuable way to learn the game and the beauty is that you can jump right into the game from the tutorial. It will walk you through what rules to read and then you get to push some pieces around. By the time it is finished you should understand the game well enough to continue on your own.

Enjoy!

-Joel

Thank you *so* much for that written tutorial. I would have been pretty much lost without it! But all the different parts (player aids, rules, etc) create a nice cohesive whole!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
But please don't call me Jerry.
badge
At one time, I didn't really like Power Grid so Ted made my piece a Power Grid piece.
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the written playbook available online anywhere? I haven't been able to find it here or on gmtgames.com.

I spilled water all over mine. :/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Toppen
United States
Gallup
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Preorder Navajo Wars by GMT Games
mbmbmbmbmb
texasjdl wrote:
Is the written playbook available online anywhere? I haven't been able to find it here or on gmtgames.com.

I spilled water all over mine. :/

Sorry to hear about that. Send me an email: joel_m_toppen@msn.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.