Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shane Cotier
United States
Fort Myers
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just ordered this from the BGG Store and I'm looking forward to playing it. I just wanted to check on a few things before it arrived.

1. Before placing a Grove card next to a building in your village can you rearrange the order of your previously arranged buildings, as long as another Grove card hasn't been placed next to them?

2. When you get a Grove card can you slot it in between two building you have already built?

3. Must Grove cards be placed next to below ground buildings or is above ground buildings only?

Thanks to anyone who can clarify. Can't wait to try it out. Wish I could get my hands on the other promo cards too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out the Red Raven podcast, Brenna and Ryan explained the cards and how they work in detail.

1. No. When playing with the Grove cards, your village placement matters and buildings can't be moved after they're placed.

2. No, see previous explanation. It requires some prior planning and makes the sequence in which you buy buildings more important.

3. The Groves go above ground only, but some cave equivalents would be cool!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bancroft
United States
Elk Grove
California
flag msg tools
badge
Durp
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you place a Grove card before owning a building?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Mikols
United States
Avondale
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This scenario is impossible since you begin the game with a building.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brenna Asplund
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Everyone is right. When playing with the Groves cards your tableau is set from the beginning with your starting building. You build from the left, placing new cards to the right of your previous cards. You cannot leave open spaces in order to slot something else in later. Getting the bonuses from the Groves cards takes careful planning.

The Groves cards can only be placed in the above-ground Tableau.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Hester
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
meow
mbmbmbmbmb
If the first exploration of a round is a Grove, and is successful, does that player gain a tool token? (assuming yes, even though tool tokens are placed on cave cards, as the rulesheet for the expanded edition just says "first player to successfully explore"

Thanks!
B.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Cotier
United States
Fort Myers
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I actually do listen to the podcast, but was still a little unclear at the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.